price of second hand 1.9 TDI 150 FR

petegee56

Hello

Newb here, im in the market for a Leon 1.9 TDI 150 FR ideally a 55 plate FR+, having been looking through autotrader and other websites the prices are higher than i expected them to be and higher then parkers and what car guides list them at.

I have been looking at cars which range from 03-55 plates and with miles between 46,000 and 85,000 and they range from about 6500 quid and 8000 quid.

My question really is am i paying a fair price ?, i have seen a 55 plate FR+ with 50,000 on the clock for £8500 quid or is there cheaper cars out there an im not looking in the right place.

( Oh im aware of the 60000 miles cam belt change which is factoring into my decisions as well

Cheers

Pete

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
Hi and welcome,
I have a 55 FR+ with just over 56k, quite a few mods(hybrid, porsche brakes+ other stuff) i was thinking of selling a few weeks ago, and i would of listed mine at £8500, and wouldn't go lower than £8000.

i personally would go for a car in the £6500-£7500 range, at least then "if" anything goes belly up you'll have some extra money left over

Jayt

Oct 5, 2007
low milage ones are going for £9900 which is good money.... (if you can get it!) 8000 to 8500 seems about right, mine is for sale at the minute and i have loads of interest at 8700, so reckon i should have it gone if i back the right horse assuming the guy can get finance which is the main problem now a days... mine has 55000 on the clock.

valley boy 11

second hand price of fr150

hi there, my fr is on a 54 plate with 119k with full dealer history every 10k from new, totally standard,good nick, was thinking of changing for an a4 estate-kids growing n all that ****!
what mines worth i dont know, seen some crazy high prices about, i was thinking about 5k plus for mine?

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
ive got an FR+ on an 05 plate with about 64k miles and one previous owner plus full service history.
i think you should look for a similar one and bargain hard down to £6500.
its a very hard car to find as they normally book above the Glass/parkers guide price because there are not many good looking cars like them.

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
i got one for sale on pistonheads 55 plate FR+ with 32,000 miles in silver,fsh. for £8500

petegee56

Hey guys thanks for the responses looks like the prices I seeing are about right it interesting that the diesals are much more than the petrols

Chriz where abouts in the country are you

Pete

petegee56

well having had a look around at a few cars I have a couple more questions, how much does it usually cost, and is it difficult to put a cupra r bumper onto a FR, i really want an FR+ but i cant find one with miles and price im looking for.

The car needs to have decent resale value in a few years, i do about 14000 miles a year, should i be worried about picking up a car that has done 70,000 to 80,000 miles already, as by the time i come to sell it it will have 130,000 miles on the clock is it likely to hold a reasonable value

Pete

petegee56

Well my budget has been slashed as i am having trouble getting loans at a decent rate, however i have found a 04 plate cupra tdi 150 from a dealer near me with a screen price of 3999 however it has just shy of 160k miles, it says one previous owner and full service history, anyone got a cupra tdi with this many miles, is it still going well ? anything to look out for,

Im going to try to drive the price down by at least 500 quid, probably only going to keep it two years at most maybe then i will get more finance, will probably put 30k on it in that time, should i go for it if it all checks out i doubt i will find anything else in my budget

cheers

Pete

valley boy 11

mines up on ebay for a reserve of 4200, 119k full history, fr150 54 plate, black,

petegee56

Valley boy 11 have you got the item number, can find your car when i search ebay

Cheers

Pete

valley boy 11

sorry pete, just finished at £4200, bit gutted it went so cheap, but i need somthing bigger,
just type seat leon fr150 in and that should bring any frs up, not many that age on there, mostly in garages(rip off merchants).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members