Primary User Issues

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Has anyone experienced the issue detailed in this old thread;

I am suffering the same problems, car is at the dealership as we speak, but would be a great help if anyone could add any input that may help

Basically when i try and complete the primary user process in the car, it just hangs on 'please wait'. I am logged into the car fine with my CUPRA ID, but just cant finish the 2 key part as it just hangs.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Did they performed all the updates? I suggest to start with factory reset via menu and set everything up from beginning. They should perform this task anyway after updating.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
I've factory reset it a few times, no change. Also added and removed the vehicle from my cupra account. Also created a new account and added it to that. Same thing each time.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Than you would have to go back to dealer possible something hasn't been updated correctly. As longest the issues is replicable they can raise ticket with Seat SE

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Than you would have to go back to dealer possible something hasn't been updated correctly. As longest the issues is replicable they can raise ticket with Seat SE
They was doing that today I believe, SEAT requested a DISS analysis

John Wick

May 12, 2022
The 5F module is the infotainment screen/system if it helps?
Many thanks.

I only got the email about the 005F a short while ago, I will call the dealer tomorrow and just relay the message.

I am wondering if a reinstall of 1896 might help or be worthwhile suggesting?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I won't make any changes. Let them check all the unit if they updated correctly Central unit 09 and telematic unit 75

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
I have the same problem and can't find a way to resolve the issue.
I'm stuck on the "please wait" screen after 1896 update.

May 25, 2022
After receiving the 1896 from 1664 or so (I had powertrain issues) now I lost navi, can't make myself primary user, can't access full link, and cruise control cannot be selected from the menu, only allows the use of speed limiter.

Brought it back to the shop and told them to fix it. It's not my job to diagnose the issue and tell them what hoe to fix it although it seems like that's what they expect. The customer service is trash.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Unable to become primary user. I am registered connected to WiFi on Bluetooth and the infotainment system is OK in every other respect except Seat Connect can't get past the 2 key set up. Emailed my dealer here is there reply

Thank you for the email. I have had a chat with my service manager and he has advised we have three cars at the moment on site in which need this same fault rectifying. I believe the part that is required is part of the vehicle hardware which when ordered is on back order. What I would recommend is getting the vehicle diagnosed at a SEAT dealership to confirm the fault. Have Worcester been able to get yourself booked in so they can diagnose the issue?

Kind Regards,
That's as far as I have got. Seems like a hard ware problem. Do I need Seat Connect at £125 per year?

Attachments

• 20220712_201035.jpg
    20220712_201035.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 20220712_201044.jpg
    20220712_201044.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 226
May 25, 2022
Unable to become primary user. I am registered connected to WiFi on Bluetooth and the infotainment system is OK in every other respect except Seat Connect can't get past the 2 key set up. Emailed my dealer here is there reply

Thank you for the email. I have had a chat with my service manager and he has advised we have three cars at the moment on site in which need this same fault rectifying. I believe the part that is required is part of the vehicle hardware which when ordered is on back order. What I would recommend is getting the vehicle diagnosed at a SEAT dealership to confirm the fault. Have Worcester been able to get yourself booked in so they can diagnose the issue?

Kind Regards,
That's as far as I have got. Seems like a hard ware problem. Do I need Seat Connect at £125 per year?
Doesn't sound like a hardware failure if it occurred right after the 1896 update like for many other users. I was able to set myself as the primary user until the update brought my infotainment from 1672 to 1896, now I can't.

By the way, what model is that? The icons on the left don't look like MIB3.

Deleted member 123864

Doesn't sound like a hardware failure if it occurred right after the 1896 update like for many other users. I was able to set myself as the primary user until the update brought my infotainment from 1672 to 1896, now I can't.

By the way, what model is that? The icons on the left don't look like MIB3.
It's the smaller 8" screen I think

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I'm booked in at Seat Worcester 30th August for them to investigate bring two keys they said. I'll report back. But, they don't think it's a hardware problem the mind boggles.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.