Problem - air not blow on footwell

ile

May 25, 2020
Hi all,

will try to explain situation at short,

all vents work fine with cold and hot air , expecialy thos on foots front and rear side,

scanned with VCDS and shows only one error :

328965 - Motor for Front Air Distribution Flap
B1091 54 [009] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting

try with videos on youtube with holding two buttons on climate dashboard but nothing, also with calibrating via VCDS,

if i search on google it show that motor for air intake is problem. but if it is problem that motor how air pass via top (windshield) and at head vents ?

please advise and if some one have similar problem tell me what to do ?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Did you view its positional response in maybe live data to see what the feedback pot thinks is happening when you demand it to OPEN and when you demand it to CLOSE?

ile

May 25, 2020
Did you view its positional response in maybe live data to see what the feedback pot thinks is happening when you demand it to OPEN and when you demand it to CLOSE?
You mean when i press button to blow on foot to check if it ok or ... ?

Little confusing questions , can not understand clearly

Fact, air not blow in foot , error which show in vcds is in attachment (maybe it is more clear explanation from my side)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 311

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
When you gone into "basic settings" can you not "see" changing voltage values for that flap motor's positional feedback, compare its range of values and the way the voltage changes as you OPEN or CLOSE that flap with for instance the temperature flap voltage ranges, you should be able to view the "end" voltages in each case and as all these flap motors will move through almost similar angles, you should be able to see if there is a huge difference. I'd think if VCDS does not witness sensible OPEN end voltage and sensible CLOSED voltages, then it will consider that Basic Settings have not been completed and so give you that result.

One thing to consider, although just a guess, maybe the flap is fouling on something and so it can not move through its expected angle and so never report sensible end point voltages.

ile

May 25, 2020
Hi, servo motor V426 is broken

for those who will have problem in future OEM number is : 5Q0907511A

ile

May 25, 2020
What is difference between those two motors :

5Q0 907 511 L and 5Q0 907 511 K​

mean on last letter

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The last letter indicates the modification state for that particular part. The higher the letter through the alphabet, the most recent.

The modification state can change due to a reliability improvement or a different manufacturer.

Note: most parts are interchangeable, but not always.

ile

May 25, 2020
so 95% should be not prolem, because on view part is same so probably there are some small modifications which are not neccesssery (meant part to be not compatible one of each other )

Dec 19, 2023
Good morning, i have the same problem. did you solve it by changing the mentioned servo motor?
In my case, In windshield and face the air is being distributed just fine.
I get these codes in obd - B109171 - intermittent Front air distribution door motor (actuator jammed) and - B109154 - static Front air distribution door motor (no basic setting).
I just try to figure out which motor has the problem. Is it Front air distribution flap servomotor - V426- or Servomotor for fresh air and air recirculation flap and air flow flap - V425-.
I can't figure out which motor is responsible for feet vents. I've read that both are.

ile

May 25, 2020
red one is correct one

after 1 year because i took 2nd hand now broke again , need to replace once again also that motor is not ok and only cold air coming from right side

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: GeorgeOik

ile

May 25, 2020
you can hold A/C button and face blow air button to try with calibration and then re-test once again with VCDS

see that video please :

Reactions: GeorgeOik
Dec 19, 2023
red one is correct one

after 1 year because i took 2nd hand now broke again , need to replace once again also that motor is not ok and only cold air coming from right side
So it's in the passenger seat, I think it's easier to change it by myself.
The other one in the left side in driver's feet is inaccessible (the top screw )
Workshop asks about 250€, they say dashboard needs to come out

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise