Problem fitting CD Player

steveocole

Hi Guys,

I have a JVC AVX33 Cd Player which was working fine when i took it out of my previous car....

When i connect it to my seat it lights up blue but all it can do is eject discs thats it!?

Any advice?

Cheers

Steve

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
if its only ejecting you have a fault with the ignition wire (all jvc will eject cd when permanent power is present but no ignition),test with a power probe or suitable item

steveocole

I found out that looking more closely it was missing an ignition 12v feed to the CD Player, I am going to get around it by splicing into the cigarette lighter feed.

Was going to piggy back off it yesterday but this isnt possible due to a different type of connection to the the lighter.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Isn't the cigarette lighter feed always live? My sat nav charger stays on when it's in the lighter socket. Wouldn't it be better off one of the ignition feed to the radio?

steveocole

no mines is ignition based, as soon as the ignition is turned off all power to it is cut off.

i cant find another ignition based wire anywhere near to the wires at the back....

dont see any other way round it unless it has a constant feed which will apparently drain the battery as it will always look for usb devices that could be attached.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise