Problem with DRL on LED headlights

nicktodorov

Dec 2, 2014
I tried searching for similar issues, but nothing shows up.
I have a 2017 (before the facelift) FR with full LED lights. Few months ago I started getting "check right daytime running light" error. Sometimes I have even noticed the DRL strip flashing by the reflections on other cars/signs/etc. Most of the time the error appeared when I am driving on Auto on the headlights switch and I enter a tunnel or some dark place where the lights would auto come on.
I have visited the dealer multiple times for this issue. First they tried to get away with explanations like loose connections, then they changed something like a "regulator" that drives the lights.
But the error continued to appear and so I visiting them with complains. They even changed this "regulator" to the other side explaining that if the error comes, it would be for the left one. The error however was still saying right side...
At the end they had no options, but to exchange the whole right headlight unit.
Everything was good for couple of weeks, but then the error started showing up again. I also noticed again the weird flickering of the strip in one underground parking.
I have no idea what could be the problem since I have now completely new "regulator" and completely new headlight unit, but the error is still here from time to time.
I am getting frustrated already and I am tired of visiting the dealer, leaving the car, getting it back and all over again every week or so...
Have anyone experienced similar issue?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise