Project : Hells Teeth, There's junk in my trunk

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
Hi all,

Tonight we are starting our RWD Mid-Engined MK2 Ibiza Project!

Yes i was shocked too, we thought about it today. so yes there is no planning, no money we are just plain winging in!

I basically have a shell sat doing nothing, and tbh i have nothing to do so we thought it might be worth a giggle or two!

We are keeping cost to a bare minimum! We have a **** load of spares lying around and what we dont have we will probably make :D - its only a bit of fun!

So tonight it all begins!

Wish us luck, i will update you tonight hopefully

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Um could either be a very good idea and huge amounts of fun or one of those projects that you wish you never started!!

Good on yah for giving it a bash, pics are a must!!!

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
bl00dy hell! Good luck doesn't even cover half of it. Good to see someone trying something else new. The list really is endless the things you can do with these cars :D Your a nutter, and for that, I salute you:seatgod::worship:

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
Hey hey, as promised first lot of pictures

First off my cutting disc wore out so out with the hammer and chisel :D

DSC00751.jpg

Anyways got cutting

DSC00755.jpg

Then got it all out, took me about 2 hours or so. not too bad really

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

i will get all the edges etc tidied up over the weekend, drop the rear axle out.
and start with the offering up and what not!

DSC00762.jpg

As said im just doing it cause i might as well do summit with the shell before i bin it :D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
knowing how soft they are at the back with no floor i'd suggest bracing the rear strut tops

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ahh i can see the pics now :):) cracking so far

you might wanna strengthen up/box the sills on the top - inside the rear 1/4 panels

how about an audi motor ? least with the gearbox inline it won't be far off ?

here's a bmw V12 on an Audi gearbox :)

BMW+V12+with+Audi+gearbox.jpg

Quick tip : cover the door glass well any of the glass really with cloth or masking tape - will save you trying to scrape off all those small buried in bits of hot steel you ground off the floor ;)

Last edited:

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
OOOO yessss

Im gonna fill it with stella bottles and melt the glass into the joins!! Sweet idea

No im gonna weld up the strut top seems and then use box section accross the back panel and where i have cut the floor too, i will notch the ends too so its all the way along!

i just hope it all goes this smooth ahah

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
ahh i can see the pics now :):) cracking so far

you might wanna strengthen up/box the sills on the top - inside the rear 1/4 panels

how about an audi motor ? least with the gearbox inline it won't be far off ?

here's a bmw V12 on an Audi gearbox :)

BMW+V12+with+Audi+gearbox.jpg

Yes lets have two of those!!

it doesnt need to be lateral, just regular FWD set up on the bed and shove it in the back basically

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
it doesnt need to be lateral, just regular FWD set up on the bed and shove it in the back basically

ye we know that but you can bolt that in the front :p

just imagine looking over ya left shoulder straight down between 2 banks of 6/8/12 decent size cylinders? [B)]

how much does an early rough Audi 100 2.6/2.8 fetch local ?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.