Project retrofit projectors

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Hi guys,

As some of you may know I started to retrofit projectors into the original headlights about a year ago, sadly not long into the project I sold my Leon so the project got delayed!

So here's an update they are finally nearly complete :)

null_zps3f3b622d.jpg

null_zps3096e70a.jpg

null_zps74d51222.jpg

null_zps57e32e97.jpg

Sadly as you can see in the photos I managed to mess up a bit, not sure how but you can see on one of the headlight lenses there is a slight burn mark but luckily it has not burnt a hole through it! SO IT WON'T LEAK! :) also someone managed to scratch the top of one projector shown in photos, again probably from storage since the project went on hold for so long!

Must say big thanks to robthebubble on here for supplying me with the projectors and taking the patience to help me through this retrofit step by step!
Thanks Rob :)

Opinions appreciated ;)
Will

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Opinions....look great! You could polish out the burn mark if it's on the outside. I suspect you put the heat gun next to it by accident! I manage to polish out something similar on a set of original bi xenons I picked up for £150 (you heard me right!) and they looked just fine.... £470 later made me happy!

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
That is bang on mate, darn heat gun! Lol nevermind, just looking to get my money back on these really :)
Already got a local friend who is interested, he's also on this forum :)

Could be a quick sale which is good!

Will

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Okay, are these for pre facelift?

Yes mate these are for pre-facelift my car was 2009 seat Leon FR one of the last pre-facelift models.

Just to let you know, you will require a D2S hid kit as I don't have one, these kits will cost around £70-£100 depending where you buy from. I recommend hids-direct I have got many kits from them without problems.

I also have another member on here who is interested in these lights so don't think I will be holding them for long :)

Will

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Keep me posted on how the sale goes Will! The other thing to remember is that the basic lights on their own cost £120 and that's for aftermarket ones without the adjusting motor so you should be asking for quite a bit more than your price above. It will cost someone about £30 to have them professionally polished to remove the burn mark.

As for the D2S kit....any HID kit will work as long as there is the D2S bulbs and cable connectors which are easily available from eBay.

Last edited:

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Keep me posted on how the sale goes Will! The other thing to remember is that the basic lights on their own cost £120 and that's for aftermarket ones without the adjusting motor so you should be asking for quite a bit more than your price above. It will cost someone about £30 to have them professionally polished to remove the burn mark.

As for the D2S kit....any HID kit will work as long as there is the D2S bulbs and cable connectors which are easily available from eBay.

Thanks for summing things up for me Rob,
And yep I will keep you posted on the headlights :)

Will

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
I don't have an HID kit to go with the headlights yet,
But I shined a torch through the back of the projectors and here is what the cutoff is like :)

null_zpsf56660a0.jpg

Ofcourse a D2s HID kit will be much much brighter in light output.

Will

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
UPDATE

These lights are now complete, I have finished completely sealing them up now, just allow a further 3 days for the sealant to dry.

Note

1.there is a burn mark on the front of one of the lenses but can be professionally polished out for around £30 or so.

2. you will need to purchase a HID kit D2s fitment to go with the headlights.

3. Please get these aligned (height) by a MOT centre if you do not know how to.

I will be looking for around £300 for these delivered with Royal Mail first class :)

Regards
Will

Sep 10, 2011
cheshire
Thanks again pal :) just need the correct hid kit if someone could show me the best error free kit pls

I will get some pics up when they are on the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: