Pulsating/humming noise only at 30mph & 60mph

Nov 6, 2020
Hi,

I’m getting a pulsating/humming noise but only when I drive at 30mph or 60mph and It’s louder at 60mph. It’s apparent in gear and in neutral. Sounds like it’s coming from the front of the car but can’t determine which side, just sounds in the middle. Can sometimes feel vibration in the pedals and footwell. Doesn’t really get worse steering from right to left and I’ve had 3 garages check the car for bad bearings and tyres and they’ve all said both seem fine? Had the tracking done and rotated the wheels and that’s not done anything ? Only other thing is that over speed bumps there’s normally a clunking noise which sounds like it’s coming from the front, but the car drives very well with no vibrations in steering wheel etc ?
Anyone with a mk3 Leon had the same problem ? I’m stuck for ideas now

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Could be a wheel bearing or even a tyre that has worn " blocky " or that has " feathered " By that, if you imagine a 50p coin with more sides

Depending on the cars mileage and history, likely to be one of the two, always worth checking the tyres first though

Reactions: Stumoore22
Nov 6, 2020
Thanks for the responses! I’ve had 2 new front tyres put on today and it made no difference. I’ll have it booked in for 2 new wheel bearings and let you know how I get on ??

Jun 26, 2020
Thanks for the responses! I’ve had 2 new front tyres put on today and it made no difference. I’ll have it booked in for 2 new wheel bearings and let you know how I get on ??
Did the new wheel bearings cure the humming noise mate?

Aug 9, 2021
How much did it cost to replace a front wheel bearing as my local garage is quoting £299 using genuine SEAT part?

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
I did them myself, I bought two SKF bearings from Autodoc for about £80 each. £299 seems very steep given changing one probably takes about 40 minutes if you know what you're doing.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.