Question about 130 turbo

zGb

hi everyone i'm new to this forum and i saw some people with this turbo but hybrid... mike_32 or something and another guy with a ibiza and since i cannot send PM's i wanna ask this guys here what mods did they do to their turbo...

zGb

ah this way....i'm not interesting buying a weak/med turbo...i can buy one that i can reach easily 250hp at 1500euros (but i don't have money to invest now in turbo)...i wanted an exact answer of the parts so i can mod for myself with some low costs for the moment :)

thx for your answer

ps : i have garret (golf) not kkk :D

zGb

micky 32 said:
i have the hybrid VNT20/17 turbo, the stage 2 turbodynamics looks nice and very OEM looking, it looks normal on the outside and apparently good for up to 260bhp

what do you mean by hybrid vnt20/17 turbo? original turbo vnt17 with vnt20 compressor? or....?

and btw what includes stage 2 turbodynamics?

another question : i wanna build 63mm custom exhaust 1st cat-back and after some time turbo-back...just a pipe with 2 tips (left+right) and no muffler...the catback will make a sensitive difference? it worth it?

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
zgb, yes a hybrid 17/20 is a vnt-17 hot side with a vnt-20 cold side.
or maybe some use the 17 housing machined to fit a 20 compressor wheel but that's too much restrictive to me,,,

micky, sorry, I still don't believe it, the big hp guys always use bigger stuff.
I can remember tdisportR's 110 ibiza that had an unidentified turbo that accordin to paulo was 'much bigger' than a 20. But then I'm talking non-pd so maybe the pd's can get more hp with smaller turbos,,, I don't know.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.