Questions about the new leon

Tell

Staff member
Radar rather than ultrasound. You go along putting a beam out on either side, doubles up for reversing with the siren.

Interesting that they have got rid of the mirror inset.

Good if the VCDS gets sorted then I can edit it out of my preamble which I've had to edit in. Although you wouldn't want a charging model....

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I've had the ACC/Front Assist system be 'unavailable' in particularly bad weather in the past, both on my 2016 Fabia and my 2019 Ibiza. This was always in SEVERE rainstorms though. I've had it once as well in completely clear weather, and it then cleared itself 5 mins later. Don't know what caused that, but it could have been something blown onto the sensor (crisp packet or something).

Tell

Staff member
I've had the ACC/Front Assist system be 'unavailable' in particularly bad weather in the past, both on my 2016 Fabia and my 2019 Ibiza. This was always in SEVERE rainstorms though. I've had it once as well in completely clear weather, and it then cleared itself 5 mins later. Don't know what caused that, but it could have been something blown onto the sensor (crisp packet or something).

Rain and moisture blocks the radar signal off. Think sometimes it runs forwards in the Arona version of it in the sensor. If parked on a hill triggers off. In very heavy rain it will turn itself off / busy out in the Ateca then returns once it's dried out. Blind spot at the rear when covered in mud toggles it self off completely with a warning. Clean the bumper area of mud and re tick blind spot back on. Interesting how VAG handle the two blocked sensors.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Well the Leon doesn’t require anything extra in terms of at least the side mirrors as the warning for blind spot is the ambient lighting in the front doors. As for sensors I don’t know if I would need anything extra as I do have the parking sensors on the rear bumper which also covers up until the back doors .. but unsure if they would have enough range ..

Regarding coding part - I know it’s not really possible at the moment but from what I could read on the OBD eleven forums VAG group in Germany have made the SFD available to test and OBDelleven expects it to be released sometime in Q1 .. so fingers crossed I suppose !

For the blind spot you'll need to have the wraparound ambient lighting, and the blind spot are separate LEDs although they come from the same place

Alistair Swanson

Oct 29, 2020
1. I’m unable to register as the primary user. When I turn on the car it prompts me whether I want to be the primary user. When i hit yes it just states “wait” indefinitely ... any idea why?

I've got the same issue; tried multiple things (change password, connecting car to house wifi, car engine on/off, etc.) with no success. Saw a similar issue in an Arona forum which appears to have been resolved -
So remote lock and unlock now fixed! Seat need to register your ID, vin and driving licence details through their service portal. This is the seat ident process mentioned in manual. Taken since Oct 7th to get this resolved but connect now fully working!

My car is going in to the dealer tomorrow for something else, so hopefully be able to get this resolved.

Reactions: Tell

Alistair Swanson

Oct 29, 2020
My car is going in to the dealer tomorrow for something else, so hopefully be able to get this resolved.
The Seat Connect / Primary User issue is a bit vague. It looks like it won't be officially released until week 48 (we're currently on week 45?) but my dealer is trying to confirm that definitively.

I suppose it is the sort of non-critical component that development/rollout/comms can easily be impacted by a global pandemic.

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
Update from my end .. took the car in to the dealer on Wednesday to take a look at all the problems I had - just talked to them 30 minutes ago and they basically said - something is completely wrong ... when they fixed one error a new one occurred ...

Probably won’t get it back until sometime next week... ffs

Tell

Staff member
Hmmm. Going to be the test whether the people that don't see the importance of being able for users to have updataable maps have the ability to understand connect services.

Once this is all sorted out need some people to champion the process. Feels like a Seatcupra resource "Under standing & using connect services".

Reactions: DavidSTryk
Nov 7, 2020
I was told 10 weeks the other day
I was told when I ordered mine 1.5 eTSI FR, that it will be delivered between week 3 and 21. The salesman told me that they will not receive new cars for a while, there is a software error Seat need to fix before they deliver cars again. I don’t know if that’s true, I don’t really trust car sellers...

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
I was told when I ordered mine 1.5 eTSI FR, that it will be delivered between week 3 and 21. The salesman told me that they will not receive new cars for a while, there is a software error Seat need to fix before they deliver cars again. I don’t know if that’s true, I don’t really trust car sellers...
I’d definitely believe that one since that’s the reason my car has been in the shop for 8 days now ... I’ve owned the car a total of 15 days, so it’s been in the shop longer than I’ve had it in my possession ... this is all down to software issues ...

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
I’d definitely believe that one since that’s the reason my car has been in the shop for 8 days now ... I’ve owned the car a total of 15 days, so it’s been in the shop longer than I’ve had it in my possession ... this is all down to software issues ...
What is the software issue?

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
What is the software issue?
Truth be told it doesn’t seem to be just one thing ...

Talked to the shop on Friday and they were pretty confident they’d fixed most of the issues but they were still having problems connecting to the car as a user and the car kept resetting ..

I’m not sure I’ll ever get my car back ..

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
Truth be told it doesn’t seem to be just one thing ...

Talked to the shop on Friday and they were pretty confident they’d fixed most of the issues but they were still having problems connecting to the car as a user and the car kept resetting ..

I’m not sure I’ll ever get my car back ..
Sorry to hear that David, hope you get it back soon. Keep your chin up, it's just another bit of sh*t that 2020 is throwing at you.

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
Sorry to hear that David, hope you get it back soon. Keep your chin up, it's just another bit of sh*t that 2020 is throwing at you.
It’s not the end of the world ... what surprised me the most is that despite not being able to to give any form of indication on when/if I’m getting my car back Seat doesn’t seem to think that this validates any form or compensation ...

I got the car on the 4th of November .. it’s been in the shop since the 9th ... ?

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
It’s not the end of the world ... what surprised me the most is that despite not being able to to give any form of indication on when/if I’m getting my car back Seat doesn’t seem to think that this validates any form or compensation ...

I got the car on the 4th of November .. it’s been in the shop since the 9th ... ?
Might be worth looking into UK "lemon law" (Sale of Goods Act and Consumer Rights Acts cover you) and muttering things about not fit for purpose...

Previously, defective goods had to be rejected within a 'reasonable period', but the Act now gives consumers a minimum of 30 days in which they can reject goods that fail to conform to the contract.

Reactions: DavidSTryk

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
Might be worth looking into UK "lemon law" (Sale of Goods Act and Consumer Rights Acts cover you) and muttering things about not fit for purpose...

Previously, defective goods had to be rejected within a 'reasonable period', but the Act now gives consumers a minimum of 30 days in which they can reject goods that fail to conform to the contract.
That would indeed make perfect sense if I lived in the UK however I’m from Denmark ... so I’m fairly certain I’ll need to rely on the danish legislation which isn’t exactly bulletproof in terms of securing consumers rights when it comes to car purchases ...

But thanks for the tip in any case ... :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members