Questions about the new leon

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
Hey guys,
So I have had the car for a couple of days now and I’m overall pleased with it.. couple of things I’m confused about though. Hoping you can help answer some of them

1. I’m unable to register as the primary user. When I turn on the car it prompts me whether I want to be the primary user. When i hit yes it just states “wait” indefinitely ... any idea why?
2. For whatever reason the ambient lighting is turned off by default when I turn on the car. Regardless of the day of time. Any way to keep it on permanently?
3. I have the plug-in hybrid with full LED rear lights and from the marketing material it seems like there should be a sort of animation when it turning on the car, so the rear lights would dynamically turn on.. mine just turns on -the indicators blink twice and then they turn red. I don’t have the full LED option on the front lights - is this why the animation doesn’t happen?
4. regarding the taillights, when the car is turned and the indicators have blinked twice the lower portion of the rear lights become red, but in a dynamic filling from the middle and outwards - so here’s wondering if one would be able to code the indicators to be dynamic, as it’s the same portion of the light used for indicators ?
5. the car has traffic sign recognition, ACC, lane assist and frontal collision system etc ... what would it require to get blind spot to work?

thanks to anyone being able to elaborate on the above ...

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
Just to show what i’m on about ... video of the car being unlocked - notice the dynamic part after the indicators .. doesn’t that tell us that it possible to make the indicators become
Dynamic ?
Now the second part is a photo taken after the infotainment has been reset to factory settings .. shows the ambient lightning as red ..

Then the second video is of me adjusting the ambient lighting brightness which immediately makes it go from red to white ...

Super weird ...
1FA77518-6631-4537-B8DB-2EAB35B501E6.jpeg

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I have read that the animation of the rear lights only works in the dark. Try it and see if it makes a difference, preferably with the lights set to auto.

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
No animation even in the dark ..

There are some things I find odd like the fact that ambient lighting can’t be changed to red when it’s clearly a feature on the car ...

And why is it turned by default ?

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Hello,
On mine the ambient lighting is only on when the headlights or sidelights are on. there doesn't seem to be any option to have it on permanently, might be if coding is ever unblocked or worked around.

About it going red then white has been mentioned on this thread
Hi, I got my MK4 Leon FR on Monday. When I collected it the ambient lights were red, but then I had a play around in the settings and somehow I managed to change it to white. But now I can’t work out how to get it back to red! It’s not linked to the driving modes as I’ve tried that! No other colours seem to be available though.

I've only seen the full rear light animation when unlocking in the dark (or locking after driving) on FR spec or higher, I've also seen it mentioned in some reviews

To add Blindspot I think you will need the radar sensors which are behind the rear bumpers, not an easy task by any means

if you open the users 'app' on the infotainment you can set the primary user from there too, it might work, you'll need both keys

Reactions: DavidSTryk

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
Hello,
On mine the ambient lighting is only on when the headlights or sidelights are on. there doesn't seem to be any option to have it on permanently, might be if coding is ever unblocked or worked around.

About it going red then white has been mentioned on this thread

I've only seen the full rear light animation when unlocking in the dark (or locking after driving) on FR spec or higher, I've also seen it mentioned in some reviews

To add Blindspot I think you will need the radar sensors which are behind the rear bumpers, not an easy task by any means

if you open the users 'app' on the infotainment you can set the primary user from there too, it might work, you'll need both keys
Thanks did the input ..

I just find it weird that the ambient lighting would be a feature you’d need to select on every single drive ... I’ve found that if I have the ambient lighting on while I try to reset the infotainment system and revert to factory settings the ambient lighting changes to red .. however as mentioned above, as soon as I try to increase or decrease the brightness it changes back to white...furthermore I get a prompt stating it was unfortunately not possible to revert back to factory settings ..

I’ve Friede going into the users section and adding a primary user -
Nothing happens though... it just states “wait..” indefinitely ..

Neither my info or service buttons on the roof works either ...

Somethings definitely off on this car ..

worth noting - I have the FR trim on the plug-in hybrid .. but the FR trim in Denmark is likely different than in other countries ...

Deleted member 123864

I wonder is your eSIM activated? Sounds as if it isn’t.

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
I’ll need to check that next time I’m in the car... should it always be on? Or is it only visible at night ?

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
From what I experienced today I think somethings is completely wrong with this car ...

Mid-drive today suddenly I received 4 errors at once .. front assist, ACC, lane assist and faulty right hand fog light ... suddenly the assists didn’t work at all and suddenly the intercooler started going bananas ...

Don’t know whats wrong with my car but the dealer is definitely getting it thrown straight back on Monday ...

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Yeah something's not right.

The front assist and lane assist could be due to a dirt on the windscreen affecting the camera. But the others aren't normal, do your fog lights work?

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
Well it was raining slightly, so the wipers were on and cleaning the windshield, so I doubt any dirt was blocking the camera - but I suppose it should be possible ... but all the errors came at the same time it seems more like something has gone completely haywire especially considering the intercooler issue as well...

Yeah the fog lights work fine .. so it seems something electrical hasn’t been wired properly ?

Nov 7, 2020
Thanks did the input ..

.. but the FR trim in Denmark is likely different than in other countries ...

Yes, in Denmark none of them has the animated rearlight and dynamic indicators as standard, or many of the other fancy lighting effects, to get these you had to order the car with the Full LED package.

I’m waiting to receive my newly ordered FR eTSI. :)

Reactions: DavidSTryk

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
What is the estimated time of delivery ? From the moment of the order I mean.

Tell

Staff member
Blind spot if it like the Ateca, radars in the side panel / bumper area, mirror glass with the indicator panel wired and lights. Since they have clamped down on VCDS mods in all 2020 mods even if you got hold of the parts you would not be able to do anything. Someone tried to fit an electric tailgate to a pre 2020 Ateca got all the bits and put them in but the integration of the parts required the vin with it installed, not installed in the factory not possible was the word from Seat dealers (beyond VCDS). One of these things that was heavily locked down beyond VCDS. Told them to find a retrofitter... didn't hear anymore. Now basic VCDS mods arent possible least with Obdeleven so if its not factory fitted it those things you could toggle on like traffic sign recognition if you had the lane assist camera you cant.

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
Well the Leon doesn’t require anything extra in terms of at least the side mirrors as the warning for blind spot is the ambient lighting in the front doors. As for sensors I don’t know if I would need anything extra as I do have the parking sensors on the rear bumper which also covers up until the back doors .. but unsure if they would have enough range ..

Regarding coding part - I know it’s not really possible at the moment but from what I could read on the OBD eleven forums VAG group in Germany have made the SFD available to test and OBDelleven expects it to be released sometime in Q1 .. so fingers crossed I suppose !

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise