Quick Coilovers Question

Dani

It's a 4 door saloon. Same chassis MaxpowerIreland's. The rear springs are worn out.

I'm thinking of using Vario springs and shocks in it to make it better at carrying passangers and stuff, but I'm not sure that the Vario springs are any better.

In standard state all Cordoba saloons(4door) I see on the road seem to reaaallly lower their back with say 4 (people driver included). Minimal suspension travel is left, and you can feel each and every bump. This is the case with my car too.

Is the Vario rear spring-shock set better for heavier load than the saloon one?

MaxpowerIreland

Jun 10, 2011
Co. Down
It sounds like you need stiffer shocks in my opinion like sum kyb gas shocks or sumthing, but toddygti knows his stuff wait and see what he says 1st

toddygti

Sep 9, 2007
Folkestone, Kent
I don't believe the Vario items on the rear to be any different. Their sprung weight appears to be nigh no the same. If it's versatility you look for with a stiffer set up, then new top mounts and coilovers would probably be the way forward, purely because you adjust the height to where you are happy and they are generally a lot stiffer than standard shocks.

The other option would be to consider using Bilstein B* shcoks on the rear and using the accompanying springs from Bilstein or standard items.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members