Sporty (summer) tyre recommendations?

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
Am thinking of replacing the tyres on my 2021 Seat Ibiza FR 110 TSI for something nicer, they're currently on the original 215/45 R17 91W Nexen N Blue HD Plus tyres, they're not terrible but steering is a bit slow and vague and am sure can get something that's better in the wet and which provide better grip and steering feedback.

Have been considering either the Michelin Power Sport 5 or Goodyear F1 Eagle Asymmetric 6, both seem decent, the Michelin PS5 seems to handle aqua planing better (relevant for British weather!) and provides more steering feedback (and looks much nicer!), but the Goodyear F1s seem to be better in most other areas, including both dry and wet grip, have better rim protection (though I did sign-up for SEAT's 3-year rim damage cover plan), are quieter and are a little cheaper, but don't last as long.

There's a comparison of all 3 tyres here: https://www.thetirelab.com/vs/nexen...pilot-sport-5/goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric-6/

BTW am planning on getting a Stage 1 ECU remap to take the car to around 130 hp once the warranty expires.

Does anyone have any experience of either of these two tyres and/or what would you recommend? Thanks.

PXL_20240317_132612303a.jpg

Last edited:

Carnifekt

Mar 29, 2024
Lincolnshire
I run Goodyear AS5's on my Leon 5f. They're the best tyres I've used and I've tried Pirellis and PS4's. The only reason I rate them above PS4's is that they're better in the wet and don't wear as quickly. But still provide awesome grip, especially on those dry summer roads!

Can't speak for the AS6's, but they are cheaper than the 5's so take that as you will mate.

Reactions: Metalogic
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise