Radiator Hose

APNess

Feb 1, 2005
I can't remember if I asked this before but can anyone dig up a part number for the radiator hoses on the tdi 150 for me please?

Basically I added a non standard boost pipe kit (cheapo from china) which works (no boost leaks!) but has pushed the radiator hose onto the back of the fan and over time it's worn through. Other than topping up the water every time I start the car it goes and stops as it should (but let's not mention what an utter pig the organic clutch is in traffic to find a gear - ANY gear...).

I do need to replace or fix this hose though so either a part number (it comes out at the top, behind the boost pipe and into the thermostat housing if I recall) or if someone knows the internal diameter I'm thinking clamp the pipe off, chop it in half and put a metal insert with circlips to tighten it on to fix it. Bodge style. plus obligatory tiewraps to keep it off the fan again.

Have searched, I think they are different on the ARL from other 1.9 tdis so I know what's coming if I order a pipe. Wrong one ...

APNess

Feb 1, 2005
Nice one cheers. I used to use something called Etka but it's been 10 years or more since I looked at that.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Nice one cheers. I used to use something called Etka but it's been 10 years or more since I looked at that.

No worries, I think it should be a sticky really. It’s been invaluable since a member linked me it ages ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.