Radio volume problem

Joker1067

Hi apologies if this has already been handled once already, but couldnt find anything on the search...:help:

My radio has a problem with volume..every now and again, cant find anything specific that im doing when it does it, it will get louder and then quieter again :blink: im not entirely sure if its the volume or the equalizer as the sound seems to get much more depth rather than louder, hope that makes sense lol.

Very much doubt anyone without this problem will understand what im saying but don't know if any1 else has had it and can give me a cure! :D

Its also not the progressive louder volume for road noise setting either as it was on medium and then i turned it off and it still does it!!:headhurt:

Many Thanks
Rich

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
What radio you using? the standard one? also does it happen with cds or the radio?

i know with the radio the signal can sometimes effect the loudness
________
Shoichiro toyoda

Last edited:

Joker1067

Yeah standard radio and dont know about CD's never have em in lol

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
i'd say its due to reception bud, ive had that on my last car too. got it especially on radio 1 though i never listen to the radio anymore
________
Masturbation Videos

Last edited:

qwert

Jan 13, 2008
I found this, is it not supposed to do this when you go faster? Took me a while to work it out but see if it goes louder when your going faster or revving it higher. Good feature supposed to counter increasing road noise from going faster.

sydoggkdy

Jan 23, 2008
Kirkcaldy!!
mines does that too! and i think like has been said will be the radio reception.

when my car was plugged into vag com, it had a error that the radio plug wasnt connected properly. been meaning on taking it out and making sure its in right.
si

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
As above, if the volume change is linked to vehicle speed then this is a feature of the stereo. Turn SCV to OFF in the menu. Incidentally this feature is only linked to vehicle speed, not engine speed as indicated above.

If there is no link to speed, then this could indicate a loose cable or similar.

Joker1067

Thanks but i have already turned off the SCV coz i thought the same but it still does it will hvae to take it out and check the connections :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.