RAID Led Lights

tinbum

Mar 31, 2007
Bournemouth
Hi folks

Just a quick note to anybody thinking about ordering a set of Raid Led lights.
Ive just got mine and in my opinion, not really worth the wait. Very poorly made, they dont even fit that well, first time I closed the boot, they banged together. The holders for the bulbs are the cheapest things I have ever seen, dont lock into the unit that well, and the bulbs appear to sit at different angles because of this.

They look ok, not sure I like the clear plastic for the indicators and reverse, but that obviously down to personal preference. The Led's look good at night, but not that great in day light as you can see alot of the plastic through the red lense.

My main point, at £150 or whatever they are, your money would be better spent elsewhere !!!

My overall score 6 out of 10 !!!

ps....yes they are Raid ones, not ones from fleebay !! :p

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Seem to be the first bad comments I've read about Raid LEDs.

I'm thinking of getting some but not for a while yet.

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
Any pics of them? I went in to Hellfrauds earlier today :)hide:) and spotted some in one of their catalogues and looked really cheap and nasty. Can't remember what make they were though.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Like Olaf, this is the first negative press I've heard the RAID lights get. Not saying that excuses them in any way, but it's interesting that this hasn't come up before.

tinbum

Mar 31, 2007
Bournemouth
Any pics of them? I went in to Hellfrauds earlier today :)hide:) and spotted some in one of their catalogues and looked really cheap and nasty. Can't remember what make they were though.

I've not seen the Halfords ones mate, but like most things from Halfords they are probably tack.....dont get me wrong, the Raid ones arnt tacky, just dont think they worth the money. The dont look bad and as I said, the look of them is down to personal preference, but for £150 I was hoping for a lot more quality, especially the fit, I mean how difficult can that be ??....lol

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
They look ok, not sure I like the clear plastic for the indicators and reverse, but that obviously down to personal preference. The Led's look good at night, but not that great in day light as you can see alot of the plastic through the red lense

true the reverse/ indicator look a bit naff imo but i like the idea of led taillights
wonder if any one has tried taking a set of stock lights and tried changing the stoptail light bulb for leds:confused: mmmm i have a spare set of lights :whistle:

tinbum

Mar 31, 2007
Bournemouth
true the reverse/ indicator look a bit naff imo but i like the idea of led taillights
wonder if any one has tried taking a set of stock lights and tried changing the stoptail light bulb for leds:confused: mmmm i have a spare set of lights :whistle:

Yes mate, that is totally what it needs, that would look the nuts if you could pull it off !! :funk:

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
They look ok, not sure I like the clear plastic for the indicators and reverse, but that obviously down to personal preference. The Led's look good at night, but not that great in day light as you can see alot of the plastic through the red lense

i tryed using LEDs in a clear lense on a previous car, they are great when the light is fading, but in bright sunlight they were invisible. The 3 series bmw has led indcators and if the sun hits them at the wrong angle its like having none at all. 10 000 mcd leds will do the trick but if you look at www.ultraleds.co.uk you'll find eveything you need to do the conversion.

dont use the led bulbs in hellfrauds as they fail and give out a poor light

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
If anyone needs info on the Raid LED rear lights do a search, plenty of info! ;)

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
anyone ever thugh of putting a strip of white leds in the front lights like the Audi driving lights. I might buy a pair of stock lights and see if it can be done.

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
had a look at the spare set of lights i have, and have to say it looks like a chew on to ,do i dont think you would be able to see led leds well behind the lense and me and wiring :drive2:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.