Rain Wipers Problem

Dec 4, 2022
Title: Issue with Automatic Windshield Wipers Activation – Need Help!

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering a perplexing issue with my car's windshield wiper system and would appreciate any suggestions or advice on how to resolve it.

Problem Description: I own a Seat Ibiza IV Sportcoupe 6j 1.6TDI with an integrated rain sensor system. Using VCDS, I have confirmed that the rain sensor (RLS) is functioning correctly – it detects water presence and shows real-time readings without any issues. However, despite these accurate readings, the windshield wipers are not automatically activating.

Steps Taken So Far:

• I've checked the settings in the vehicle’s system to ensure that the automatic wipers activation is enabled.
  • I visually inspected the connections and wiring related to the rain sensor and wipers.
  • Used VCDS to look for error codes but didn’t find anything that directly points to the source of the issue.
My Questions:

1. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and, if so, how did you resolve it?
  2. Are there specific areas I should check or test that might be causing this communication issue between the rain sensor and the wipers?
  3. Is there any software update or reprogramming that might be necessary to fix this kind of issue?
Any insights or direction would be immensely helpful. I’m open to suggestions before taking the car to a specialized technician.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
I have this issue & also my cruise control has stopped working at the same time. I suspect it’s the clock spring / squab. Have you lost any other controls? I will attempt to fix mine next week but has no gearbox in mine at the minute so need to sort that first

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.