Rain X

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
I bought a bottle of Rain X to clean the glass and disperse the rain but I am a bit concerned about a warning on the label not to use it on tinted windows.

Should I use it on my Cupra or should it be binned? I obviously don't want any damage for the sake of a couple of quid.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Isn't the tinting on the inside ? Not sure so will let others reply

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Looks like you're fine ..... it's great stuff I use it

jamie-h

Jul 9, 2014
I wouldn't bother putting it on any other windows I have done it a couple of times and its a waste of time.
Excellent on the windscreen like but honestly not worth the effort for the rest.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
I put it on all .... dirt and frost just drop off .... even do the lights

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
How much did that set you back ?

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
OK that's not too bad ....need to get the balance right..... personal lease on car ... want to keep it in as good condition for hand back, keep it looking good for me and make my life easy for the two years keeping it looking clean and shiny with least effort

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
same here got ceramic coat, but if you use car pro hydro after washing it does repel the water on the windows as well

costs about 11-12 quid a bottle

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
try Gtechnic G4,G1&G2 it'll cost around £50

If your not looking to spend loads of money,try Diamond brite 2 stage glaze circa £20 including the interior coating

Last edited:

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
I use it on the windshield and front side windows for a few years already and it works excellent.
Specially the front side windows stay clear at slow speeds in the rain giving a clear view at crossings.

Last edited:

DynamicD

Sep 24, 2016
Made the wipers judder on the R even with Bosch Aero Twins, so I stripped it off. I use the yellow Rain X that is glass cleaner too - got it from Asda for about £4.
Dave

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Have to say I found the wipers to judder and squeak when having rain x on. It annoyed the hell out of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyFSC

Jun 20, 2015
Don't put Rain X on the windscreen, you will have very poor vision at night in the rain; it smears badly.
Great for side windows and mirrors and even better on shower cubicles.
Tony

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
I used to use rainx on the screen all the time and never had issues with smearing or judder... maybe having decent wipers helps? I used to clean the wipers with the rainx also.

Was on the chipex site today looking at ordering some paint to touch up a couple of small chips on my car when I noticed they are doing this also now....

http://www.chipex.co.uk/shop/hydrophobic-aquaphobic-rain-repelling-screenwash-1l/

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise