Random not starting and not resume from stop/start

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Hi everyone i'm after some opinions and advice on this issue i'm having.

2019 R ST that intermittently wont start, any time of day - not just first thing in the morning. Can be fine for days then issue returns. Can be after a drive, pop to the shops etc etc car all warmed up, get back in and no start.
Foot on brake, press start button and nothing.
Cycle ignition once or twice and it starts fine. When it does start it seems to start strongly, doesn't sound labored.

Issue has now crept into the stop start system.
If i've got it enabled and the car stops the engine at say some traffic lights, putting foot on the gas pedal doesn't restart the car.
Error comes up on dashboard to start the car manually.
Have to cycle ignition to get the car started.

Error code generated when the car wont start is P06E900 Engine Starter performance

Notes about the battery:
Its an Exide AGM battery that I installed 6 months ago (coded in correctly) to replace the Moll EFB battery car came with. I did this at the time as that battery would never have stop/start available and sounded like it was getting weaker (labored starting) and i kept getting random fault codes for U140600 'Static current too high' in OBD11.
After installing the Exide AGM battery Stop/start was and still is ALWAYS availible, car starts strongly (when it does) and never had the 'Static current too high error'... until now that has returned also at some point without me noticing, but its not a fault logged when the car doesn't start.

I have charged it up with my cheap £20 (AGM and stop/start compatible) Ring battery charger, but the issue is still here.

I have also logged some drive stats with OBD11 driving around and the alternator seems to be working fine, voltage is 14.6v whilst driving and 12.5 at rest and charge condition is 79-81%. All this seems normal, but it could be a red herring I suppose as it would be fine if the car has started and is running.

Ive ordered a CTEK MXS 5.0 Test & Charge battery charger to replace my cheap Ring one and will give the battery a charge with that, and it can be used to test the start power, starter motor and alternator apparently also.
I will also charge up the original Moll EFB battery and install and test that if need be, to rule out the battery, although it might be knackered sat in my garage for 6 months.

What do you guys think ?
Anything else I could consider or check or log ?

Car is under warranty still with Seat, so thats my last resort, but I dont want them to tell me its my fault for changing the battery and then charge me £90 for diagnotics i can do myself potentially.

Jul 17, 2021
I would just go to the dealer. If the battery installed is the same spec as required then there is nothing else to diagnose.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N975F met Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise