Rattle from passenger glovebox

WardMunK

Aug 31, 2015
I have a suttle rattle from the glove box in the passeneger side of my car it comes and goes, usually at lower speeds, it is very annoying, if I open the glove box while driving it gets a tad louder, does anyone know the cause of this or has the same problem? And how can it be fixed , thanks

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I have a suttle rattle from the glove box in the passeneger side of my car it comes and goes, usually at lower speeds, it is very annoying, if I open the glove box while driving it gets a tad louder, does anyone know the cause of this or has the same problem? And how can it be fixed , thanks

Hi mate, I had the same, it turned out to be in the lower door card near the speaker. I solved it by removing the door card and packing it with soundproofing. But, just to be sure, I also removed the air vent as this was also one of the potential problem areas. I treated this to a little foam too. So, it probably isn't the glovebox even though it sounds like it is. Have somebody sit in the passenger seat and put their ear to the speaker and then the air vent. Probably one of these areas.

WardMunK

Aug 31, 2015
Okay mate thanks, how do I go about removing the door card, I'm not exactly the most confident at taking parts of my car off

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
Okay mate thanks, how do I go about removing the door card, I'm not exactly the most confident at taking parts of my car off

I have a rattle in my passenger door that im waiting for the service in January to get the dealer to hopefully fix under warranty.

Anyone had a good experience of getting dealers to fix rattles?

cptSparko

Apr 11, 2014
Yeah, my seat dealer fixed my rattling passenger door card under warranty at the last service. No problems.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.