Rattle noise issue (resonator?)

CairoCupra

Jun 28, 2020
instagram.com
Hi everyone!

I’ve been hearing a minimal rattle noise coming from the resonator (I think that’s what it’s called, but feel free to correct me, it’s the highlighted bit) at low revs (1.9 ~2.5k, very visible once you step off the gas and when the revs are going down).

Took the car to the dealer and jacked it up, they said there’d need to change it.

I later went somewhere else to hear it for myself and it really is coming from that bit.

My question is, would this have happened due to the tune on the car? I have a stage 1 racingline tune on it with p&b.
Is it safe to run it as is for the meantime? asking as the car is my only mean of transportation.

The car is a cupra 290 non-opf.

Wanted to get your thoughts on this.
5331d8f63de11082160e67b2c59b4340.jpg

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I'm sure the car is perfectly safe.

Inside these boxes are baffles, walls and filter elements, depending on what type of box it is. You get a rattle if something comes lose, maybe a baffle coming away from the wall.

It's actually quite common to get rattles and pings on new exhaust boxes. It usually shuts up as the gaps and corners in there get filled up with crud. If you do nothing the rattle might go away but if the car is under warranty then heck, let the dealer swap it.

Reactions: CairoCupra
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.