RCP Exhaust?

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
Looking for a good aftermarket exhaust system for my stage 1 @ milltek DP 5f 300 st 4wd (non gpf) without braking the bank to much. I stumbled across this polish brand RPC. Anyone have real world experience with them?

1523 euro valved with black tips.

It is valved, pricing is reasonable, and sounds really good in the youtube videos. But it´s hard to know how boomy it is irl. The 5f platform, from what I can tell, is a bit sensetive to badly designed exhausts. I prefer a raspy note to a boomy highway drone machine. Fox, Milltek etc seem quite boomy.

Cheers

Mar 30, 2020
Remus catback or axleback. You can even retrofit an exhaust valve to the smaller, passenger side backbox as well for a cheaper custom alternative to an aftermarket valved system with the same functionality. Remus is the OEM manufacfurer so fitment and quality is spot on. I looked into RCP and the only information I could find suggested the build quality wasn’t quite there.

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
Remus catback or axleback. You can even retrofit an exhaust valve to the smaller, passenger side backbox as well for a cheaper custom alternative to an aftermarket valved system with the same functionality. Remus is the OEM manufacfurer so fitment and quality is spot on. I looked into RCP and the only information I could find suggested the build quality wasn’t quite there.
Thank you for this info. Remus seem to have a nice raspy note to them. This exhaust business is so subjective :)

Mar 30, 2020
Here are some good clips with an aftermarket downpipe:

This is a GPF car, but with a 200 cell catted downpipe with "dummy GPF" (GPF removed) and a Remus axleback. So essentially a catted downpipe with non-resonated Remus catback.

HG Motorsport downpipe, Remus Catback (I believe resonated).

And a good thread on a German Seat forum about exhaust systems for the 300ST 4Drive, if you don't mind using google translate:

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
Here are some good clips with an aftermarket downpipe:

This is a GPF car, but with a 200 cell catted downpipe with "dummy GPF" (GPF removed) and a Remus axleback. So essentially a catted downpipe with non-resonated Remus catback.

HG Motorsport downpipe, Remus Catback (I believe resonated).

And a good thread on a German Seat forum about exhaust systems for the 300ST 4Drive, if you don't mind using google translate:
Perfect. Thank you. That must be the most german attention to detail recording an exhaust note ever made. Fantastic stuff.

A local guy is selling a Scorpion Golf R mk7.5 estate exhaust. As far as I can teel it should fit a Cupra 300st mk3.5 except for the tips. So the next question would be: Scorpion vs Remus? On YT they sound similar.

Mar 30, 2020
Any R estate exhaust will fit the Cupra 300ST 4drive, they’re a very similar car with a lot of the same parts on the MQB platform. The 7.5 tips as you mentioned will be off on your rear valance. Take a look at this thread for ideas:

you could cut your stock valence, buy the maxton valence, or figure out an alternative tip solution.

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
Any R estate exhaust will fit the Cupra 300ST 4drive, they’re a very similar car with a lot of the same parts on the MQB platform. The 7.5 tips as you mentioned will be off on your rear valance. Take a look at this thread for ideas:

you could cut your stock valence, buy the maxton valence, or figure out an alternative tip solution.
Yep, that´s the thread I found yesterday. I even saved the pictures fpr future reference.

I have a Rieger diffuser waiting to get mounted on my car. No idea about clearance vs OEM.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members