really stiff buttons on the dash. Can i WD40?

Moffat

Cupra R
Mar 29, 2009
Alnwick, Northumberland
The 1-6 buttons on my headunit, and the temperature -+ buttons are really stiff to press, and feel as if they have no give in them. I've never ever used WD40 inside the car, let alone on the dash, but could i do this? Just spray a bit in the gap, using the straw that comes with it. Obviously i'd wipe and excess off straight away, and there may be the smell inside for a day or two maybes, but would WD40 be okay to spray in there? Cos it is kind of a jack-of-all-trades kind of stuff isn't it.
Any ideas on doin this?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
You can use it on electrical contacts so I can't see what harm it will do. It also cleans plastic and gives a nice shine :)

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
is it a standard stereo? did you buy it from a dealer maybe see if they can change it, plus wd40 stinks in the car you can get electrical circuits spray which should be safe

dan_underhill

Mine has just done that and i know what bloody caused it! Mcdonalds large drink in holder dribbling. Managed to clean volume button by removing it.. how do you remove buttons from front of climate?????

rotary_master

did you solve this guys? Mine used to have that problem, solve it with a tooth brush and some silicone wich I sprayed on the afected area, trying to reach the small spaces between the buttons with the toothbrush.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.