Rear diffuser for facelifted Leon ST

May 3, 2023
Hi,
I have a Leon ST from 2019 and I'm wondering if this Maxton Design diffuser would fit.
It doesn't specify whether it would fit the ST bumper, is there even any difference between the facelifted hatchback bumper and the ST bumper?

340951523_940330017412499_5075846686536596292_n.jpg

Thanks in advance!

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Hi,
I have a Leon ST from 2019 and I'm wondering if this Maxton Design diffuser would fit.
It doesn't specify whether it would fit the ST bumper, is there even any difference between the facelifted hatchback bumper and the ST bumper?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, diffusers for the ST, hatch and SC are all different - you have to get an ST specific. Maxton do a couple, or Reiger is a very popular option (I have a Reiger on my ST):

May 3, 2023
Yes, diffusers for the ST, hatch and SC are all different - you have to get an ST specific. Maxton do a couple, or Reiger is a very popular option (I have a Reiger on my ST):

I've not managed to find anything else fitting the ST than the Reiger diffuser.

Sadly, (and quite obviously) everything seems to be made for the Cupra models.

Thanks for the response!

Reactions: Yoshi

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Yeah, the Cupra diffusers for the Facelift will fit, but you'd need to have your exhaust changed to twin exits to match the cutouts

May 3, 2023
Yeah not sure it's worth the cost/effort or if it's even possible.
Quite new to the Seat Leon world but my understanding is that the FR ST doesn't have the biggest market for modding compared to other versions of the car.

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
It's definitely possible, there are a few petrol FR ST's that have been converted to twin exits by just having the backbox replaced. Is it worth it though? I was happy enough with the Reiger, and it's an easy 20min install that freshens up the back end. Sadly though as you say the FR ST doesn't have anything like the parts selection for it that the non ST or Cupra models have - limited diffusers, no spoiler options etc. Spiltters and side skirts are ok though as the 5 door stuff fits the ST

May 3, 2023
I might look into having it converted to twin exits then. I've always liked the look of the ST Cupra R;)
Since the ST has the spare tyre it looks like there's more work than just changing the backbox.
But hey, they say beauty is pain right? :)

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Yeah, the Cupra diffusers for the Facelift will fit, but you'd need to have your exhaust changed to twin exits to match the cutouts

Does that mean the Cupra ST exhaust systems will fit the FR190 ST then (providing the diffuser is changed) or is there more going on in regards to the pipe work from the engine?

Thinking of a spicier diffuser as well as an exhaust system so may as well go with the cupra twin exit :)

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
You’d have to have some fabrication done to make it work, as if the 190 is anything like my tdi there’s no hanger on the right hand side to attach the other back box to. So tbh you’d have to get somewhere willing to do some work to make it fit

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
You’d have to have some fabrication done to make it work, as if the 190 is anything like my tdi there’s no hanger on the right hand side to attach the other back box to. So tbh you’d have to get somewhere willing to do some work to make it fit

Might be easier to just get the Maxton Design one and get exhaust work done solely for the sound.
Maxton-Design-Rear-Valance-Seat-Leon-Mk3-Facelift-SE-LE-3F-RS1G.jpg

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
On maxton website it states that this fits the ST and hatch.
I thought they were different?
Sorry, I just linked that for the photo.

Ide pick the ST version. To be honest I thought they were different too.

Read the mk3 cupra (face lift) rear diffuser is the same for FR and Cupra.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.