Rear Light

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
No way.i was told its common.yesterday i washed my car so fogs and headlight have slight condensation.went away after 5min on the sun.

VAG Familia

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I have no personal experience of this issue but from other forum users experience warranty claims for this issue seem hit and miss. Some seem to accept claim no questions asked and others appear to drag their feet. I guess all you can do is try your dealer and if no joy escalate to seat.

GTI-Pirelli

May 29, 2015
Allesley
Yes...

Both My Cupra and my wife's FR have had rear lights replaced under warranty.
If you look round the edges of the light, where the lens is attached to housing there may be little cracks. It's a manufacturing defect that is well known. Seat Coventry changed them no questions asked and they can be a PITA when they want to be.

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
I had condensation in the reversing light section of one of my lights. It was not too bad and used to go away in time. I phoned my dealer, Pete Stockhill in Hull and they ordered one in for me without even looking at it. They changed it without any hassle when my ST was in for a service also did the Hazard Light switch fix while it was in.Great service.
Conal

hm227

Mar 8, 2015
I have the same issue too on the outer driver lens, the same area of condensation and in the part of the indicator light too. My warranty ran out last month!! I was aware of the issue but hadn't noticed anything on my car when it went in for its service and first MOT last month. Has anyone had any luck getting them replaced out of warranty?

adstalker

Nov 5, 2010
Darlington
It's a fix under warranty. I've just had my outer passenger side one done in the last couple of weeks. The dealer might insist on getting it in for an inspection first to look at it and to check it was one of the affected batch.

It's well documented on here that there was a bad batch of light units with faulty seals that are getting replaced under warranty due to condensation issues. An issue will only arise if there appears to be damage to the outside of the lens.

It looked the same as yours. As I was away on business for the majority of November, it got steadily worse until the whole light unit was full of condensation.

Hope that helps.
Anthony

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
I had condensation in the outside tail lamp and it has been replaced under warranty straight away, no questions asked.... so go to dealer a get it sorted

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
I had mine done under warranty a few months back.

It is a known issue the lights where over tightened at factory.

Go and show them the condensation and im sure they will replace for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Just looked at your picture mine was no where near that bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
I had 3 replaced under warranty! Both sides done after I bought it then one of the replacements failed too. Clearly a manufacturing problem so no issue with the dealer sorting it.

Don't be fobbed off with "it's normal, see if it clears". There's a distinct difference between a bit of misting that will evaporate and droplets of water inside which will just sit there collecting for months.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
One of mine has heavy condensation and when I spoke to the dealer they seem aware of the problem and said they need to see the car before ordering up a replacement unit, doesn't seem to be a problem there.

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
I had condensation in the reversing light section of one of my lights. It was not too bad and used to go away in time. I phoned my dealer, Pete Stockhill in Hull and they ordered one in for me without even looking at it. They changed it without any hassle when my ST was in for a service also did the Hazard Light switch fix while it was in.Great service.
Conal

Thats good to hear!

Stockill's is my local dealer well waterside now! and I have condensation in the lights

although I have had issues with other things with them! I will pop in and see what they say

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
When I used the hazard lights on my 64 plate ST they could sometimes stay on and it would take a lot of messing with the switch to get them to turn off. This apparently was a common problem and there was a fix issued which as far as I remember involved a bit of sticky felt or similar being put under the switch to raise it slightly. Whatever the fix is it certainly works as my lights have never stuck on since....not that I use them very often, only when I stop on the double yellow lines outside the cashpoint or take away....oh no, sorry, that was when I had my Beemer!
Conal

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.