Rear lights are shockingly crap!

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Has anyone else been driving behind an Altea/New Toledo/New Leon, at either dawn/dusk when it's just dark enough to have your lights on ?!?

You may have noticed that if the lights are on, on the said vehicle, and the driver then brakes and indicates at the same time, it near impossible to actually see the indicator flashing, as it's encircled by the bright red brake light !!!

Comtemplating writing a complaint letter to SEAT UK to make them aware of it !!!

Andy

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
... but the boot(y) is a beauty ...

even if the indicators (in conjunction with brake lights) are little to less a bright indicator for the follower --- as well as the inadequate reverse light isn't on the helpful side for the driver ...

... but again: it's the look :funk:

Klaus

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
i've not seen the rear light issue - however i can agree with the reverse light - i have a narrow driveway that i have to reverse into from a main road, and when the nights are dark the combined effect of the crap reverse light and the dark tinted rear windows means its a high factor of guesswork to aim the car between the gateposts :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
_Steve said:
the dark tinted rear windows

maybe that dont help :) - how about reversing on ya drive ? easy to get out then

:anorak mode: it's technically illegal (or was) to reverse on to a main road anyway :anorak mode off:

lol

brett

mk2 Golf 16v.
Oct 29, 2003
NW
I hope you have some reference to back that up .... ;) :whistle:

Fl@pper said:
maybe that dont help :) - how about reversing on ya drive ? easy to get out then

:anorak mode: it's technically illegal (or was) to reverse on to a main road anyway :anorak mode off:

lol

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Interestingly Top Gear noted this same problem on their long term test car (although I think the guy moans way too much considering the car is free)

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
the windows are factory tinted, so can't really change this issue, and actually driving out of the drive on the morning can be a nightmare in itself - sometimes there is a queue outside the house, and i have to wait ages before anyone even lets me out of my drive - the drivers are blinkered and ignore eye contact in a similar fashion to the lane closure on the motorway scenario where mr- r.sole goes up to the cones and expects to get let in, i can understand being ignored in this case, but ignored while getting out of your own drive takes the biscuit! :)

so reversing out would be 10 times worse ! LOL

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
My friend who follows me to work tells me the same thing - from a normal height (in her Golf) she honestly can't see my indicator flashing. I made a point of showing her that the new Golf is similar. I am suprised the ones on the Altea have passed the euro safety regs tho...