rear lights-on while opens the garage door

Marck

Formentor 1.4 e-hybrid DSG
Jun 19, 2021
hello gang,

I have an odd question, honestly is not understandable to me

several days ago, my wife came back home telling me:
"hey, I opened the garage door with remote control, I put in my car and your CUPRA had rear lights turned on, after few seconds, turned off automatically"

I smiled at her, I said... not possible

today, I came back with her car and she was right, I made the same, I opened my garage door (with remote control) my car had rear lights turned on, therefore after few seconds turned off automatically

I have few doubts...

1) is a sort of alarm when something as the garage door opens make some actions ? if YES, why doesn't happen when my car is behind, due garage door is closer ?
2) is a "welcome light" that infotainment has ? (I must admit have not had time to look this feature yet)

to remark, electric wire was connected and also in "recharge state"

any ideas or thoughts from your side ?
thank you all as always

Tell

Staff member
Going off will be the welcome home lights turning themselves off. Why they turn themselves on unless it's a proximity thing.... let someone with the car answer that. Wondering whether it may be a feature when it's on charge so you can find it in a car park whilst being charged. Can see the use if they all looked the same lined up being charged... help you locate it.... useful feature perhaps.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021
Going off will be the welcome home lights turning themselves off. Why they turn themselves on unless it's a proximity thing.... let someone with the car answer that. Wondering whether it may be a feature when it's on charge so you can find it in a car park whilst being charged. Can see the use if they all looked the same lined up being charged... help you locate it.... useful feature perhaps.
Hello

I had the same problem while the car was on charge in the night., we contacted the dealer who in turn contacted the SEAT factory.

They advised that a software update was required and so far it seems to have worked.

Reactions: Tell

Marck

Formentor 1.4 e-hybrid DSG
Jun 19, 2021
Hello

I had the same problem while the car was on charge in the night., we contacted the dealer who in turn contacted the SEAT factory.

They advised that a software update was required and so far it seems to have worked.
Thanks for your reply, I got latest updates, seems did not happen anymore so far, hopefully corrected the system for good :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
Latest software for everything here. But my phev will just have the tail lights come on randomly and stay on till I unlock and lock it again.

Anyone have more details on this ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members