Rear parking sensors working intermittently

Apr 30, 2021
What happens is I put in reverse gear the sensors work normally, if I take out the reverse to put in neutral or in 1st to correct the maneuver I'm doing, when I put back in reverse the sensors don't beep anymore but the visual parking on the MMI still works normally, so it is just the beeping that stops working.

One time I "kissed" a pole because I trusted the sensors, the pole was perfectly in the middle of the bumper don't know if that is a dead zone or if it was the beginning of the problem.

I already scanned for errors with VCDS and nothing showed up.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Like all driving aids they are there primarily for convenience or mandated by some organisation or other on safety grounds.
You can't trust any of these things over and above your own driving.
Poles may not be seen by the sensors for example and low obstructions may not be seen. The latter I have at work with railway sleepers edging the carpark, too low for the sensors but too high for the bumper !

Apr 30, 2021
Like all driving aids they are there primarily for convenience or mandated by some organisation or other on safety grounds.
You can't trust any of these things over and above your own driving.
Poles may not be seen by the sensors for example and low obstructions may not be seen. The latter I have at work with railway sleepers edging the carpark, too low for the sensors but too high for the bumper !
You're absolutely right. It's just that I was concentrated looking at the side mirror to not scrape the wheel because my gf parked super close to a curb and a pothole (nice combo) then all of the sudden the sensors started beeping continuously, the visual parking aid was red. The pole was taller than the car but somehow it blended in and I completely forgot about it. The damage was minimal if the bumper even touched at all.

The rear parking sensors on my 2018 mk3.5 Leon occasional fail to operate with an error message displayed. Always after I've driven in rain. A wipe down & a spray of WD40 always solves the problem.
In my case, it doesn't show any errors. They just don't beep but still work whether the car is clean or dirty

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise