Rear screen replacement.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Came back from the airport to find the rear screen holed at the park n ride, replacement booked via Auto Windscreens by insurance, anything I need to look out for?
Car seems ok otherwise just had a fist sized hole in the right hand corner of the glass, must have been recent as car seems dry inside and we had downpours here in the last few days, could a bad frost have found a flaw? Kinda dampened the end of a good holiday, excess costs wiping out any saving on airport parking by using the free parking and bus council provide, damn.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Oh bottom! I've never considered dumping the car at park and ride, was that at Embra airport?
Sharp frost the last couple of nights could have "sorted out" a deep chip, otherwise I would have thought that the glass near the edges was quite strong enough to resist a physical attack.
Tint colour/no tint might be a consideration.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Dunfermline park n ride from Halbeath, bus passes make the journey free, usually!, it has been suggested that a lump of ice from an aircraft out of Edinburgh might have been the cause due to the very heavy frost there on Sunday night? Who knows, don’t suppose there will cctv coverage where the car was parked.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise