Rear Washer (searched til I broke the search button)

rasman2k

Hiya,

I'm the proud owner of a 04 2.0TDi sport and love it so far but for one small problem. The rear washer doesn't work. Such a small yet soooo annoying feature :) I found this site whilst searching for the holy grail and this seems to be the biggest wealth of Seat knowledge so here goes...

It seems that there are loads of threads on this but unlike so many others I don't seem to have a leak from under the car or into the boot area anywhere. The motor runs but at best the nozzle gets wet and nothing more. The front washers work perfectly...I'm more than a bit lost. I've tried clearing the nozzle with a needle and the nozzle stays stationary when the wiper is working...any help at this point would be more than appreciated!!

A ton of thanks in advance!!!
Olly

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Sounds like a blockage further upstream

Have you checked the hose is connected at the motor end?

rasman2k

Ok, I've been out to check it in daylight and I do get a tiny amount of liquid dripping out from in front of the driver wheel arch. Whats the best way to get to the motor end to check the connection?

Cheers
Olly

rasman2k

Since my last post I've taken the front spotlight surround off and removed the light itself. It looks like the pipe might have a split in it. I've cake on a bit of silicone sealant to see if that will solve the problem....fingers cross!

rasman2k

Didn't work...doh!

It just generally drips. I will see if I can find a garage that will sort it for me as I can't see anyway to get easy access to it. going through the spotlight doesn't leave a lot of room.

Stupid cars :D

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Thye bumper does come pretty easily, 15 mins or less to get it off taking your time to figure it out! screws along bottom of bumper, along front side of inner arch and a few just under the front lip of the bonnet, wiggle it off using top grille as holding point. Access to washer bottle, motor etc.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.