Rear washer

Bagpuss12

Feb 5, 2022
I have a 2015 FR estate. When I try and activate my rear washer I hear the motor but no water? There is water in the reservoir and the front one works fine? Is it simply blocked or is there more to it than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bagpuss12

Feb 5, 2022
Update, so I sat in the car and just pressed the rear washer continually. I eventually noticed washer fluid coming into the front passenger seat footwell under the plastic trim near the bonnet release? Also noticed a small leak coming from under the car, underneath the passenger footwell! Assuming there is a break in the pipe?

Update, so I sat in the car and just pressed the rear washer continually. I eventually noticed washer fluid coming into the front passenger seat footwell under the plastic trim near the bonnet release? Also noticed a small leak coming from under the car, underneath the passenger footwell! Assuming there is a break in the pipe?

There's a connection in the pipe near the bonnet release. Next to this is your TUIL point, 3/4 12 pin connectors. Not ideal if these get wet

It's possible either a fitting has failed over time (unlikely) or your washer nozzle is blocked, pressure has built up and escaped through the weakest point in the system

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

You need to sort that ASAP! Water can get into the electrical connections behind the panel and cause a lot of problems.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise