Rear wiper problem (not returning to rest position)

tjdixon

Jan 24, 2002
Suffolk
Visit site
My FR has developed a problem where the wiper does not reset itself to the rest position instead deciding to stop mid wipe.

Any thoughts on what this might be?

Typically the warranty ran out at Christmas...

Winder123

Aug 10, 2015
North West
Mine does that, it's been doing it since the cold has started abd hasn't been 'normal' since November. It's being taken in to the dealers in the very near future but mine is still under warranty. A few have said they suffer from this issue

I think it's a fault with the motor, failing to know it's 'park' position.
Here Is a video of mine

https://youtu.be/L11_QkT6rKk

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
My Leon is going in on Wednesday for this and the radio touch screen, both have been repaired at Christmas and had a "update "but its back the radio just picks random selection and the wiper just stops in different places.

tjdixon

Jan 24, 2002
Suffolk
Visit site
Mine does that, it's been doing it since the cold has started abd hasn't been 'normal' since November. It's being taken in to the dealers in the very near future but mine is still under warranty. A few have said they suffer from this issue

I think it's a fault with the motor, failing to know it's 'park' position.
Here Is a video of mine

https://youtu.be/L11_QkT6rKk

That's the same as what mine is doing.

Shame mine didn't start in November also... I imagine I'll get a firm no if I try for warranty..

I'd be interested how you both get on and what the solution is.

Winder123

Aug 10, 2015
North West
That's the same as what mine is doing.

Shame mine didn't start in November also... I imagine I'll get a firm no if I try for warranty..

I'd be interested how you both get on and what the solution is.
Just got mine back, it is now all fixed what they said was the connector wasn't fully located and was making an intermittent contact so no new motor was needed and all they had done was test and connect it back up
It is working as it should now but time will tell

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
Had mine sorted,they said i must of turn it on when it was frozen and done some thing to the central position sensor.That's the second time its been in since Xmas.Ive had enough and traded it in and got myself a Audi.Its not just the wiper,the radio picks stations at random and they said thats normal because its "cold".I think it had a water leak because the windows would get covered in condensation and the warranty out in May.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise