Reat seat bench

Feb 19, 2021
Hi trying to remove rear sest bench to fit seat covers my other car just lifted up but there seems to be force stopping them pulling up any ideas ? 70plate

Thanks

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I tried to lift the base on mine at the weekend but couldn't budge it - looking at a photo of 1 on ebay it looks like a metal frame same as on most cars that should lift up ?
If you figure it out please let me know

Feb 19, 2021
Yeah I think its just abit of force stoping it but cars a 70 plate so don't wanna pull to hard to break it incase it isn't that aha

Feb 19, 2021
try this ill try in morning put hand front of seat near there door push into the middle till you stop think there will be bracket there then other hand from middle towards your other hand and then lift up

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
They're not designed to fold- the base is supposed to be fixed. I'm sure there's a way to remove it safely, but I've no idea what that would be!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Removing the rear seat base in the current model Ibiza is probably the same as it is in the current model Polo As they’re essentially the same car under the skin. This YouTube video shows the process for the Polo;

Reactions: robby71
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.