Recently joined & first time poster.

Scotby

May 19, 2021
So this is the first post.

I currently drive a 2018 Seat Ibiza 115 FR DSG, which I've been delighted with.
No issues, and faultessly reliable after 16k miles.

The reason I joined the forum is that I've just ordered a Cupra Formentor V2 1.5DSG, and I was wondering if I've made a mistake. I don't really need to change cars, but I just really like the look of the Formentor. One of those heart over head decisions.
I keep reading about all the problems that folks have been having with the Formentor. My impression is that theres too much technology
in the car, and that it hasn't undergone enough development and the first batch of owners are being used like guinea pigs to fix the problems.

I'm also wondering whether or not buying the car on PCP (then settle within 2 weeks), was the sensible choice. Maybe I should've gone down the PCH
route. I tend to puchase a new car every 3 years, but I've always thought that leasing was dead money, like renting a house rather than buying.
Are lease companies generally a reputable bunch, or should I avoid certain ones?
If I did cancel my order for the V2, then I'd go for a VZ2 instead.

Scotby.

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
So this is the first post.

I currently drive a 2018 Seat Ibiza 115 FR DSG, which I've been delighted with.
No issues, and faultessly reliable after 16k miles.

The reason I joined the forum is that I've just ordered a Cupra Formentor V2 1.5DSG, and I was wondering if I've made a mistake. I don't really need to change cars, but I just really like the look of the Formentor. One of those heart over head decisions.
I keep reading about all the problems that folks have been having with the Formentor. My impression is that theres too much technology
in the car, and that it hasn't undergone enough development and the first batch of owners are being used like guinea pigs to fix the problems.

I'm also wondering whether or not buying the car on PCP (then settle within 2 weeks), was the sensible choice. Maybe I should've gone down the PCH
route. I tend to puchase a new car every 3 years, but I've always thought that leasing was dead money, like renting a house rather than buying.
Are lease companies generally a reputable bunch, or should I avoid certain ones?
If I did cancel my order for the V2, then I'd go for a VZ2 instead.

Scotby.
Hi mate, there are plenty of good leasing companies to choose from. I’ve leased for several years now and no issues encountered. I’ve ordered a VZ3 through my current leasing company, but have to wait until September for expected delivery. Like you been reading about the issues with the formentor, but when researching other brands of similar cars they all have forums with issues of new cars. First generation will always have teething problems and the amount often tech on this car is something else. Fingers crossed as production increases they will start getting on top of the issues encountered and work them gremlins out with updates to software.

Reactions: Nickfurnell

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
Just want too add I’ve had a new Mini Cooper S and a first generation Mitsubishi PHEV which both had forums with owners experiencing a rash of problems. Had the Mitsubishi for 3 years and the Mini for 4 and not one problems in all that time. Car Forums generally are about issues more often than not, and there are usually plenty of owners that don’t have any and they tend not to post as much.

Scotby

May 19, 2021
Hi mate, there are plenty of good leasing companies to choose from. I’ve leased for several years now and no issues encountered. I’ve ordered a VZ3 through my current leasing company, but have to wait until September for expected delivery. Like you been reading about the issues with the formentor, but when researching other brands of similar cars they all have forums with issues of new cars. First generation will always have teething problems and the amount often tech on this car is something else. Fingers crossed as production increases they will start getting on top of the issues encountered and work them gremlins out with updates to software.
Thanks for that. I came across a lease comparrison site (leaseloco), that seems to be pretty good and easy to navigate.
Looks like the Formentor is a good car to lease at the moment. I just need to try and get my head around the fact that I wouldn't be the owner.
Then there's the delivery time issue. Some lease companies claim to have stock for immediate delivery, but I'm now thinking are these early builid cars with issues. Would it be better to wait....

Scotby

May 19, 2021
Just want too add I’ve had a new Mini Cooper S and a first generation Mitsubishi PHEV which both had forums with owners experiencing a rash of problems. Had the Mitsubishi for 3 years and the Mini for 4 and not one problems in all that time. Car Forums generally are about issues more often than not, and there are usually plenty of owners that don’t have any and they tend not to post as much.
I had a couple of the BMW minis and they were tough things. Never missed a beat. Must say they were rather abused since both were company cars. Tax man put an end to that fun though.
Just had a bad experience with new tech on an e-bike recently. Promises to do amaznig things, and it does occasionally, but half the time its in the workshop in the Netherlands for yet more repairs. I'm just hoping the tech on the Cupra isn't quite so "amazing". I keep thinking of the an old Honda tv commercial "Isn't it nice when things just work".

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
Thanks for that. I came across a lease comparrison site (leaseloco), that seems to be pretty good and easy to navigate.
Looks like the Formentor is a good car to lease at the moment. I just need to try and get my head around the fact that I wouldn't be the owner.
Then there's the delivery time issue. Some lease companies claim to have stock for immediate delivery, but I'm now thinking are these early builid cars with issues. Would it be better to wait....
In relation to waiting I can’t really say. Production has slowed dramatically due to the chip shortage, and depending which model you choose will reflect on the leasing sites. At the moment the VZ’s seemed to be on back order and build times are sketchy at best with Sept/Oct/Nov being lead times for delivery. This was also reflected at the dealers. The Vs may well be in stock hence delivery times may be a lot shorter. A point to note is that the prices have started to creep up on leasing sites. I use Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. Very good leasing company with good reviews.

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
I had a couple of the BMW minis and they were tough things. Never missed a beat. Must say they were rather abused since both were company cars. Tax man put an end to that fun though.
Just had a bad experience with new tech on an e-bike recently. Promises to do amaznig things, and it does occasionally, but half the time its in the workshop in the Netherlands for yet more repairs. I'm just hoping the tech on the Cupra isn't quite so "amazing". I keep thinking of the an old Honda tv commercial "Isn't it nice when things just work".
I know what you mean. Seems that having everything running through the infotainment system was always going to be a big ask. Would have preferred some physical buttons for immediate control. And yes the taxman always knocks the fun out of it.

Scotby

May 19, 2021
Fantastic - Award winning...
Yes that’s the one. Such a brilliant ad. Tag line has stayed with me after all those years. Who said advertising doesn’t work. Just a shame Honda now make visually challenging cars these days.

Reactions: Yern
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.