Recommend me interior LED’s please

dynamis_dk

Jun 28, 2017
Barnsley, Yorkshire
So I hadn’t really thought about this much and it just dawned on me how dark my interior is on a night so find my switch was in the off position so they hadn’t been turning on for god knows how long.

Mon turning them on I couldn’t get over how dim and yellow they look so I’m looking for white LED replacements but I haven’t touched bulbs in a newer car so I believe from what I’ve read you have to be carful with canbus comparability?
There are loads of sites which say they are compatible but then go on to say us at your own risk, might not be compatible etc.

has anyone changed there bulbs recently or remember which they used?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The interior bulbs are not canbus monitored.

My FL Leon had interior LEDs as standard. However, on our pre-FL FR you need the following from memory:

2 x 36mm festoon bulbs (vanity mirrors)
4 x T10 501 W5W 360 degree (map reading lights, rear interior lights)
4 x T10 501 W5W Blade (glovebox, 2 x front footwell, boot).

I have used SMD and Cob style LEDs, but found the SMD type to be more reliable; however the Cob versions were relatively new to market. If purchasing SMD type, then try to spend a little extra and obtain CREE SMDs - more consistent light colour/better quality.

dynamis_dk

Jun 28, 2017
Barnsley, Yorkshire
Hi, thanks for those. I managed to get a list of what bulb type and where the live from a google so I’m hoping more for brand / model / links to LEDs which people have used and know to function in the Leon mk3 without any issues. I’ve picked a couple random ones with best feedback on Amazon as I can return if they don’t work without errors but nothing will beat community first hand experience :)

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
At the top end, you have an all-in solution here, including fitting instructions etc - get good reviews across the VAG forums:

I just purchased mine from eBay such as these:

I have found the "fizzmouk" eBay store items to be very good quality for the price.

Reactions: P4ndem1c

dynamis_dk

Jun 28, 2017
Barnsley, Yorkshire
Finally got around to sorting these, so the bulbs I got from Amazon as a knee jerk purchase worked and gave a good light but they stayed on very dimly lit when driving and it was annoying the hell out of me. On a bit of googling I found a PDF in which the ledperf site provided details on adding 470ohm resistors across each light and it looks to have sorted the dim glow so now they turn on/off as I'd expect and turn off completely when the car is being driven or locked.