Recommended Hand pump for snow foam pre-wash?

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
Hi - I don't really want to splash out on a pressure washer, but would like to be able to apply a snow foam pre-wash to my car before hosing it off, can anyone recommend a decent hand pump for snow foam? Have been looking at this ones:

Goizper 81676 IK Foam PRO 2, Professional Foam Sprayer

Venus Pro Snow Foam 2 Litre Foaming Pump

Marolex axel 2000 Foamer

GLORIA FoamMaster FM 10

Or it may even be worth going for something a bit more heavy duty (also can work with an air compressor):

IK FOAM Pro 12

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’ve used one of these in the past which looks similar to the products you’re considering and I found it quite poor compared to my pressure washer snow foam lance;

Edit; Oops! 😳; I’ve just realised they’re not similar to the Foam Cannon at the link I’ve posted above, as the products you’re considering have a pump to pressurise the canister holding the snow foam.

My experience of the Foam Cannon was that it left a very thin, watery solution on the car even with a strong snow foam to water mix ratio, and I found the solution pretty much ran off the car as soon as it was applied (little to no ‘cling’ at all). By contrast, snow foam applied using my snow foam lance and pressure washer leaves a much thicker foam on the car, which clings, loosens the dirt and then slides off after dwelling for a few minutes as it’s intended to do.

If you were planning on getting a hand pump pressure sprayer, then a cheaper alternative to consider might be a hand pump garden sprayer like those at the links below (there are many other sizes / brands available); cheaper than the foam sprayers at the links you’ve posted and if the garden sprayers don’t work particularly well, you’ve not spent lots of ££££’s on something that doesn’t do what you want it to, as you can always use it in your garden to apply lawn treatments, moss killer and weed killer etc.🙂. I used an 8 litre garden sprayer to pre-soak before washing my car and to rinse after washing it during a hosepipe ban a few years ago. It did a decent job, the only real downsides were 1) the small size of the nozzle on the spray wand meant it took a while to pre-soak and rinse and 2) having to keep re-pressurising the pump quite often to maintain the water flow.

These days I don’t snow foam my car before every wash; only on the rare occasions it’s dirty enough to justify it, and I don’t really let it get very dirty. Normally it just gets a pre-rinse using hose on high pressure setting before doing using a ‘safe‘ 3 bucket method wash.

Last edited: