Refurbished Rims

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
So, finally got the rims refurbished and with the shiny new R badges, I think it's looking good... What do you fine people think??

Attachments

• PXL_20230708_152256772.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230708_152256772.MP.jpg
    738 KB · Views: 95

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Nathan, Yes the jack points are not in great condition but are fine as is. They didn't remove the covers to jack it either
That’s good.
The only thing I would say is just watch out, if you don’t remove the covers you can catch the underside of the skirt with the jack handle.
Or if they use the jacking point it can bend the skirt when the weight pushes where the clips are.
I am speaking from experience. Never been to that tyre place since. Lol

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
That’s good.
The only thing I would say is just watch out, if you don’t remove the covers you can catch the underside of the skirt with the jack handle.
Or if they use the jacking point it can bend the skirt when the weight pushes where the clips are.
I am speaking from experience. Never been to that tyre place since. Lol
All noted with Thanks.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Hope you can persuade the highway's lot that here isn't 1970's Spain.
Good luck keeping them straight.

Reactions: Jay20VT

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Girlfriend parked my car so close to the kerb after borrowing it that I was the one who kerbed the alloy getting it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Oh no
I saw a guy park his new Porsche Taycan 4S and run his front alloy along the kerb 🫣

Hmm .. I see so many lovely cars which are very expensive and drivers who just cannot park to save their lives lol.. alloys all shot to pieces when the car is 1 or 2 years old..
But what pisses me off even more is when some people drive land rovers and can't get through the same space a bus can.. GET YOURSELF A MINI !! I scream at them lol 😂

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Hmm .. I see so many lovely cars which are very expensive and drivers who just cannot park to save their lives lol.. alloys all shot to pieces when the car is 1 or 2 years old..
But what pisses me off even more is when some people drive land rovers and can't get through the same space a bus can.. GET YOURSELF A MINI !! I scream at them lol 😂
A mini isn’t much smaller any more.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
In the defence of crap parkers,
I've always found the Leon a sod to park & have never really got the hang of it.
I hang my head in shame.:oops:

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Lost count of the number of times I've done what I thought was an amazing parallel park and ended up with the back sticking out.

And I'm supposed to be an advanced driver.

Must be something to do with the window frame sloping at the bottom...

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
After 25 years of doing multidrop deliveries in vans, i often get comments from passengers about the fact i reverse into spaces without looking over my shoulder. Parking just using wing mirrors has become my default mode, even in cars lol.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise