Remap (I KNOW) Cupra 290

anri52

Oct 23, 2015
If you want to see how a Cupra with JB1 going, you can check my race on youtube. Hardware that is changed is downpipe and IC
(rian cupra)

Last edited:

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
If you want to see how a Cupra with JB1 going, you can check my race on youtube. Hardware that is changed is downpipe and IC
(rian cupra)
Yes been looking at those.... Very impressive! Are you running map 1? Mines a manual so will put it on map 6 to ensure the clutch is OK.

Bought the box and cable from JB4 with an 8% discount.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anri52

Oct 23, 2015
I also have manual gearbox. Have tried map 1 5.2 and map 6 peak 5, 4 so far I never had tendency of slipping clutch.
I drove to Spain and some laps at Nurburgring with map 1 4, 8 no problem at all.

Last edited:

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Jb1 and data cable arrived today. Now need to fit it. Has anyone managed to do the bottom plug (on jb1, dtuk, tdi boxes) without jacking the car up and tacking the under tray off?

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Jb1 and data cable arrived today. Now need to fit it. Has anyone managed to do the bottom plug (on jb1, dtuk, tdi boxes) without jacking the car up and tacking the under tray off?

Unless you have very long pencil-thin arms, it's impossible, and even then you'd probably end up cutting yourself.

I had to jack the car up on one side to do mine. A doddle when the undertray is off, and it clips back on easily enough too.

Last edited:

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Thanks both of you.... Had a feeling burger tuning were being optimistic when they said 50 % of customers could access from the top.

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Has anyone had any issues with these boxes and warranty lately? My mate is an Audi engineer and he tells me they can still tell something has been attached. Not sure if I really believe that as a lot of people say its fine.

anri52

Oct 23, 2015
Most boxes out there do not control fuel trim = ecu must correct fuel mixture sometimes up to 14%.. If VW sees this in ECU history, they can be suspicious,,, JB1 control fuel trim = fuel mixture is always like originals.

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
Do these boxes have any resale value? I'd really like to get some of my money back when I got rid of my car in a couple of years time. I remember when I had a Dreamscience handheld remap for my Astra VXR it came with 5 lives.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Do these boxes have any resale value? I'd really like to get some of my money back when I got rid of my car in a couple of years time. I remember when I had a Dreamscience handheld remap for my Astra VXR it came with 5 lives.
You can resell them.... What you get depends on what the box is.

I think jb1s hold their value best as they are highly recommended and harder to get hold of in the UK

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Unless you have very long pencil-thin arms, it's impossible, and even then you'd probably end up cutting yourself.

I had to jack the car up on one side to do mine. A doddle when the undertray is off, and it clips back on easily enough too.

Ive fitted a few of these from the top on all the mqb chassic tfsi engines. Even managed a few polo gti and s1. Arm looks like its been in a tank of piranha when im done tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
Has anyone had any issues with these boxes and warranty lately? My mate is an Audi engineer and he tells me they can still tell something has been attached. Not sure if I really believe that as a lot of people say its fine.
We've recently tuned a brand new 310ps S3 and it has since been back to Audi for a full warranty scan and no flags were raised.

Also the FSR module can be rejigged for thousands of other petroleum cars from a 1.2 fiat to a Ferrari 458.

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
A customer with a cupra 280ps has just sent us this dyno sheet

OVSv6S.jpg

358ps and 443nm

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
That's awesome! I've been curious what they'd get on a dyno as I'm yet to have done one. I left my box on and took it for a service at my local Seat and they didn't even notice (maybe they didn't care) as warranty is still good

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
I've got the DTUK with manual. Had it for about 8000 miles with an r600 intake and miltek catback with no issues at all! Just a tad more wheel spin in early gears. In dry I can near enough put my foot down with no spin which is pretty good. Defo worth it IMO

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.