Remapping my ibiza!

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
I don't think he'd touch it and I doubt he'd do a live emulated map either.

APR is one of the best products available as is revo. The process that a reseller of their software uses has been developed to work in that manner because the R&D and live emulation have already been carried out. There's not that many variables that a modern ecu can't adjust to anyway.
It may come as news to some but many companies who claim to carry out custom maps don't, most don't even write their own software.

oh really how come? I will contact them tomorrow to see what he says.... other wise suppose have to be APR map..

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
You might get a stage 1 tune but I don't think they've any big interest in the 1.4TSI lump. He asked about them a while back as to wether it was worth him doing some R&D on a few of them but due to reliability and restriction issues he binned it off. They stick mainly with the 2.0 tfsi and 20vt engines, don't even bother with the 2.0tsi. They have unlocked ecu's that they build files on then flash them into the customers vehicle post mapping session.
AKS might be able to help or Oscarli.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
You'll find that's how a good 95% of tuners do it regardless of what they tell you. Unless you have big mods like a massive turbo, bigger injectors, Cams etc then a generic, pre tested file will suffice. The earlier 1.4tsi tricore ecu can be flashed via obd.

JoshRedCupra

May 11, 2015
Essex
Hi All,

I am also looking into mapping my 1.4 TSI, however as with most things about this car, I know very little. On the Celtics website you mentioned earlier it gives you the option of 'rev limit removal' and 'speed limit removal.' I understand that speed limit removal will mean letting the car exceed Seats set top speed but I'm unsure on the other option? What does it mean and is it worth including?

Jackdaw

May 18, 2015
I saw them and was wondering but didn't think to ask so it's a good job you did!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Celtic Tuning

Nov 2, 2015
Good afternoon

We just wanted a post a message to let you know that we are always happy to answer any questions you may have.

Celtic Tuning Team

Jackdaw

May 18, 2015
Oh well this makes it a lot easier, I was wondering what sort if custom remap I would be able to get if the car isn't standard?

Jackdaw

May 18, 2015
At the moment a 2.5" cat back exhaust, I'm going to be getting a induction kit either forge or igt, some new spark plugs and hopefully a sports cat and new down pipe

Hoikey

Aug 5, 2015
Stoke
I will be going revo with mine. Up to 197 bhp and a **** load of torque

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Celtic Tuning

Nov 2, 2015
Thank you.

Your cat back exhaust system and induction kit will naturally aid airflow through your engine whether standard or tuned. We can remove secondary lambda monitoring with most of our remaps - this will eliminate any check engine lights you may encounter when fitting your sports cat, or a de cat pipe.

The figures we quote are based upon a stock vehicle that we have had on our rolling road - there will always be slight variations in power between vehicles; since you have likely already given your car a few extra bhp with your modifications, we would expect this to be reflected in the final figures.

We have a dealer in Bristol with a rolling road facility, or you would be very welcome to make a visit to us in Cornwall if this is something you would like.

Celtic Tuning Team

Jackdaw

May 18, 2015
That sounds like it might be a good idea. I've already asked for a quote last week, but the thought of being able to come down to Cornwall for a holiday and also getting my car mapped would be nice

cupraNW

Jul 17, 2015
Wolverhampton
Hi All,

I am also looking into mapping my 1.4 TSI, however as with most things about this car, I know very little. On the Celtics website you mentioned earlier it gives you the option of 'rev limit removal' and 'speed limit removal.' I understand that speed limit removal will mean letting the car exceed Seats set top speed but I'm unsure on the other option? What does it mean and is it worth including?

Just a quick thought that on idle the rev limit on the cupra sits at about 4000 revs right? So it could be that as that is all I can think of with regards to a limit

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.