remove EGR where is it ?

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Bonjour à tous
Je voulais retirer la vanne EGR sur ma Seat Ateca 1.6L Tdi 2017, ce moteur est commun à de nombreux modèles Seat et VW.
mon moteur est DDYA, je ne sais pas où se trouve la vanne EGR, je n'ai pas trouvé de tuto sur youtube pour ce moteur
cependant il y en a beaucoup sur d'autres moteurs vw.

merci

Attachments

• Mot.jpg
    Mot.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 74

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Hello
I was just thinking that the forum is a help between participants and I thought I would receive some information.
technical information (documentation on the EGR valve) on this engine
where is it located? disassembly?
the rest, I manage alone.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
As far as I am aware the EGR valve is situated to the rear of engine low down in a location that is difficult to access easily, I left it’s removal to the pros who had done it before.

Sep 1, 2023
Staffs, UK
Just removed one on a 1.2tdi, similar engine but 3cylinders so more space. If turbo is at back of engine then egr was front right. Approx 1/3 from top. Look for aluminium pipe approx 20mm. Needs a Torx 30 (approx) to remove the pipe from engine block ^ direction and inlet < direction. But I haven't seen a 1.6tdi engine..

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Hello
on the 1.6L Tdi EGR is well behind the engine, a horror!
all the videos seen on youtuble confirm it!
very sincerely, if I had had this information before buying this vehicle, I would never have bought it!

Sep 1, 2023
Staffs, UK
Shame, that front location on 1.2tdi, it came be removed in minutes. Air cleaner takes longer. I am same with this 1.2tdi, it has a problem if I knew it was burning oil... I would never buy it 😬😆

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hello
on the 1.6L Tdi EGR is well behind the engine, a horror!
all the videos seen on youtuble confirm it!
very sincerely, if I had had this information before buying this vehicle, I would never have bought it!
Don't worry about your egr valve! and don't believe all you read on EGR deletes! They are quite reliable and have some benefits

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.