Removed Key, please help

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Hello,

I was foolishly messing around with VWTOOL and changed the amount of keys programed to my car to 1,(still not sure how) now the other spare key will not work to start the car, it unlocks it but thats all. when i try to change the value back to 2 it does not keep it stored!

Can anyone help??? Please let me know if i should post more detail

Thanks in advance

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Also just to add, when i did in VWtool is the same a vag-com,

[17 - Instruments]
then go into [Adaptation - 10]
Enter 21 in "Channel Number"
[Read]
The "Stored Value" is the number of keys currently matched = 1 i need to change it to 2 again.

Anybody?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
LOL, just goes to show how easy it it is to make mistakes when your not 100% confident with equipment.
If its not starting the car then you've either erased it from the immobiliser or it wasnt programmed in in the fisrt place, the fob will not effect the starting of the vehicle - they are 2 different parts of the key,

1. a transponder for communicating with the key reader for the immobiliser to start the car
2. a radio wave remote control to communicate with the conveinience system CU.

To re-programme in the fob you need to start the whole procedure from scratch
If you have more than one fob then they will both have to be programmed in together as follows

46. conveinience system control unit
enter 'adaption' then type in '00' erase stored values and erase they keys (radio wave form only)
then '01' in adaption - type in however many remote key fobs you have then 'store learned value' then exit the control unit - you have to press the top botton of the remotes one at a time once for each remote. Thats how it works on a VAS 1551 and VCDS is supposed to be the equivalent.
As for the starting - go to a dealer with key programming capeabilities as most keys can only be programmed online now.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Guys, Thanks for your help on this, i have not had a chance to get into fixing it as my wife and i just had a baby boy, needless to say anything that isn't baby related is on hold for now.

I will post back when i have it fixed.

thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.