Removing inner trim

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
it will run down under the carpets had same prob winter last year sealed the pollen filter and doors and its never leaked again mate

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
i was same as you was sick to death of it and nearly sold it jan this year.if it dint work it would off gone mate

mikesndbs

Apr 3, 2010
West Sussex UK
www.youtube.com
it will run down under the carpets had same prob winter last year sealed the pollen filter and doors and its never leaked again mate

OK, s you think the pollen filter could allow water all the way to the rear seats footwell?

The other issue is that the rear washer takes ages to come through and when it does its very weak, then of course there is the washer bottle emptying over night.
There has been no rain here for ages and I have only washed the car twice in the last two months.
So I really feel that the flood in the foot well could be due to the washer leaking on its way.
But I could not find anything when I checked :-(

I am really sad as I love how the car feels and looks but I don't think I can keep on like this.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
mine was like a swiming pool inside mate it will go as far back as the passenger back footwell i had to take all the sound proofing out and dry it in the house it took 2 days to completly drt but sucked alot of the water out with a carpet vac.and the seal on the pollen filter was completely knackered so scraped it all of and used tiger seal it never done it since and i wash me car every week. as for the washer bolt not sure mate i orginal thought that the pipe might be blocked.

mikesndbs

Apr 3, 2010
West Sussex UK
www.youtube.com
mine was like a swiming pool inside mate it will go as far back as the passenger back footwell i had to take all the sound proofing out and dry it in the house it took 2 days to completly drt but sucked alot of the water out with a carpet vac.and the seal on the pollen filter was completely knackered so scraped it all of and used tiger seal it never done it since and i wash me car every week. as for the washer bolt not sure mate i orginal thought that the pipe might be blocked.

Hi and thanks, I just looked at the underside of the rear door and there is clear evidence of water having been running under it for some time!
So I guess its the door seal issue.

:cry:

robbob

Leon Cupra
Jul 24, 2008
Portsmouth
The door seals are relatively easy to seal. I had this problem over winter. not had an issue since. Its a cheap fix (only the cost of some silicon) if your handy with things.

robbob

Leon Cupra
Jul 24, 2008
Portsmouth
prise the trim off the handle and there will be two screws behind this, undo these then its just a case of popping the rest of the door card off. Needs a damn good tug but don't be afraid of it. But be warned the clips that hold it into the door can be quite fragile, I broke a couple but glued them back together. And they are still secure. There is a guide on here somewhere about removing door cards. You keeping the car now?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.