Removing Superglue..?

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Has anyone got any good ideas or know what to use to remove superglue from leather seats? The leather interior I got is perfect apart from on the rear head rest a stuffed toy has been stuck in. Ideally I’d want to use a product that would dissolve the glue then I’d use lot’s of leather cream to replenish the leather, but don’t know if anything like that exists.

Failing that if anyone is going to be re-trimming their car, or trading in their car and would be willing to swap rear head rests then let me know!!

Cheers for the help!! :thumbup:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
iirc maplin sells something along these lines,saw something the other day,name eludes me though

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
yeh acetone is good for that mate

but be v careful cos if the acetone reacts with any of the chemicals in the leather then it'll **** it up big stylee. so check somewhere inconspicuous first as said above!!!!

Kris

ESTATE! I'm Getting Old!
Nov 21, 2003
North Essex
Visit site
yes nail varnish remover is watered down acetone.

Boiling water can work to remove super glue, got to be really boiling - not cooled down at all. just use a cloth (warmed up in the water 1st then reboil the kettle) soak it for a bit then gently scratch/rub it off.

As said above - CHECK IT FIRST!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if its glue and its dried hard why not take the most off by flexing the leather and picking it off ?

flashbsd

either that or simply get a replacement headrest, go on ebay quite often cheap as chips, the mk2 cupra leather one is the same on the mk3 i believe.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Flexing the leather is just going to take the top of the leather off (already tried), may look into some Mk2 ones. Going to try some thing's shortly to see what works best luckily its only the rear rest and it's not obvious.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise