Removing the Tail gate trim

VB21

I need to get at the tail gate wiper motor and wash pipe.

therefore I need to remove the plastic trim from the inside.

So far i've removed the screws from the tail gate hand pull down recesses. Also opened up the tail gate left and right light panels.
but I can not see what other attachmentss I need to release.
Suffice to say rather annoying! :(

Please can someone give me a few pointers. I'm expecting to have to remove the light clusters, which seems easy enough.

Thanks in anticaption

VB21

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
hiya.. the clips holding it on are very very strong.. the dealer snapped mine getting it off! just pull hard and it should come. im sure you'll take more care as its your car.. theres no need to take light clusters off.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Constant, even pressure is the way to remove them. If you yank or snap at them the clips are likely to break. But if you put an even, consistent pressure on pulling it apart you should be fine.

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
I need to get at the tail gate wiper motor and wash pipe.

therefore I need to remove the plastic trim from the inside.

So far i've removed the screws from the tail gate hand pull down recesses. Also opened up the tail gate left and right light panels.
but I can not see what other attachmentss I need to release.
Suffice to say rather annoying! :(

Please can someone give me a few pointers. I'm expecting to have to remove the light clusters, which seems easy enough.

Thanks in anticaption

VB21

I found that if you lay the back seats totally flat, then shut your self in the boot hold onto the handles and using the force from your legs (which u rest agaisnt the back of the car) just pull, exactly like you were on a rowing machine!

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I snapped 2 clips the other day doing this :(

I also pulled a hole in the trim (trim was less strong than the clips holding it to the body).

It's held by 4 very strong metal clips, and 4 plastic "nozzle" clips.

Good Luck mate.............

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Yup there is a very good chance you'll snap the plastic mounts that the clips fix to, they're a lot stronger than the plastic. Only way to do it is with care and a trim removal tool that you locate between the trim and the boot - to do this you'll need to know where each clip is. BFI will cost you a new boot trim so go easy.

VB21

Cheers all.

I like the drop the seats and pull as if rowing method. Sure it'll look a bit stupid from the outside but who cares!

Thanks again.

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
Autoglass broke 2 of mine and then snapped my upper window trim in half

5 months later.......... I give them a ring and they send a guy 3 times my size to have a look........ 2 weeks later nothing.

I'm in Warrington, anyone else having trouble ordering stuff from IMG Seat? Ive got a manual on order for 6 months and I'm guessing autoglass have gone there to.

if you would like a piccy to see what your actually pulling just ask! its laying around here somewhere

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.