Replace infotainment Display

Tosun

Oct 19, 2020
I have today the headunit screen with buttons on the sides.I want to swap it to the newer display without buttons.Is it possible to just swap and have it functional?

Attachments

• WYSWIETLACZ-EKRAN-LCD-SEAT-ATECA-575919606.jpeg.jpg
    WYSWIETLACZ-EKRAN-LCD-SEAT-ATECA-575919606.jpeg.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 145
  • s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 143

Tell

Staff member
Feels like a question to a good retrofitter who might under take the work but only in terms of mib2.

As research you need to identify the unit in the glove box for each of those screens, if the glove box unit was the same then it could be a swap.

You could think big for when people start to attempt to fit mib3 in place of mib2 as they did for mib2 for mib1... or just buy a new car.

I don't find the original Ateca button structure an issue. The Arona mib2 has the touch screen buttons in the screen rather than on the edge. Mib3 approach could be interesting since there is so much we don't know ?. We know the maps are Here Maps cartography. We don't know how good Seat connect services will be and if you retrofit you might need a license to get on board for updates and services. So it's all fun.

I think I'll put my mib2 high to bed with the final firmware updates and get the navigation FEC adjusted up at the high limits posted elsewhere then ride it out with map updates untill VAG stop offering them. Said atleast 5 years from now. Covid restrictions I will wait till their is a vacine till I see a retrofitter ;). I'm good for five years as it is in any case but hoping VAG will continue to publish beyond as they do with mib1 at the minute. So my plan is to get my high unit updated whilst retrofitters know their way around it. Standard unit, you have the workaround in mib2.

Seems like you probably need a mib3 zn2 unit for your own map updates if the FeCs allowed it once someone has worked those out if you didn't have connect services. User POIs including speed cameras appear to be off with mib3 unless you have connect services but probably without a beep. I don't believe their will be a mib3 workaround as there is for mib2 standard, may be a navigation FeC adjustment but then you wouldn't get the connect services. May be the time in the future to annually cough up. Think Skoda may throw in three years free which would be good for PCP ers. Seat I believe is less generous "But you always have your phone". Defeats having connect services in the car in the first place :oops:. Reckon atleast another year before people get to grips with mib3.

Tosun

Oct 19, 2020
Thanks for your answer.Seems its same problem as with my Octavia rs III.Some units could be swapped and some not.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise