Replacing the electric window switches - any advice?

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Morning all, My electric windows have been playing up recently so I've bought replacement switches. Can the black plastic sections be popped out or is it a door skin off job? Any pointers if you've done this job before? TIA.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Morning all, My electric windows have been playing up recently so I've bought replacement switches. Can the black plastic sections be popped out or is it a door skin off job? Any pointers if you've done this job before? TIA.
Not done this on my Leon. On my old Audi I think they were mounted from behind (so door card off job)

Do the manuals list anything about window switch removal?

Reactions: Woody_72

PxuL

May 30, 2017
Door card removal then the whole door card needs stripping, its an actual joke the way its assembled. I followed this guide but its fairly self explanatory once the door card is off, just whack all the Torx screws out and pop out the trim

If u need any pointers feel free to reach out I did the driver side one on my 3dr, also bought the switch from main dealer was well priced at 38 for a brand new part

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Cheers guys, both switches replaced. Just a case of two hidden screws, yank the panel off (involves disconnecting 3 electrical connectors), remove about 20 screws to seperate handle assembly from rest of door card, good yank to remove the bit with the switches, replace switches and then reassemble.

Reactions: PxuL and BillyCool
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members