Resetting Service Interval Display

X__Gandalf__X

Feb 11, 2016
Had my second annual service last week (not at a SEAT dealership).
Now when I switch the engine on my display shows 'INSPEC_' along with the spanner.
I understand that means it thinks a service is due, when it's not.
I've tried to reset the display, following the instructions on Page 64 of the manual, but nothing changes :shrug:
Any suggestions gratefully received!

X__Gandalf__X

Feb 11, 2016
Do you understand french? I don't but maybe there is here the solution

tlemcen-electronic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47231[/url]

try this

youtube.com/watch?v=D_A3FaC0dhs[/url]

I knew there was a reason why I should have concentrated during those French lessons! :cry:
Luckily Google Translate came to my rescue. It's a conversation regarding the manual.
The video offers another reset solution. I've just tried it and it didn't work. :(

Thanks for trying to help.

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
The inspection light cant be reset from the dash as far as I'm aware, I believe you just need to reset it with vcds

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
My old Ibiza had a similar thing.

When a service was due, it would flash up a spanner and say Service. However when inspection and a spanner came up it had to be reset by VCDS.

This I believe is due to the fact inspection means the ecu has found something wrong with the car (low oil, coolant etc) and requires maintenance which they expect you to do at a garage now, not fix it yourself. Also it thinks it is a more serious problem and will not let you reset it yourself.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The Toledo maxidot advertises service and inspection mileage/days separately even from brand new (with no faults) and also has a reset option - which does not work even when following the manual instructions.

My Ibiza shows spanner and mileage to next minor service and major service.

X__Gandalf__X

Feb 11, 2016
Took it back to the place that did the original service today (for the second time).
This time they've fixed it.
I asked how it was fixed (for future reference).
They didn't know as the guy who fixed it had gone home!

Thanks to everybody who contributed to this thread - much appreciated

imz83

Jan 20, 2016
i was just going to make a new post for exactly the same problem

i have a seat ibiza 2014

i tried what is shown everywhere on youtube... but it's not working

the thing is i bought the car from a honda dealership, they did the service before handing over the car to me
the INSPEC spanner just appeared and it doesn't want to go if i follow what;s in the user guide and the thing on youtube

i called seat i explained the situation that the service was done and the process in the manual is not working
the lady on the phone was a bit rude saying we won't do anything if you don't service the car with us

i was a bit shocked as i was only saying that the process shown in the manual is not working to reset the service message...

i guess no one else got any other solution... can't get rid of it

imz83

Jan 20, 2016
thats what i did

the lady on the phone was rude..
she said "we won't reset it as you didn't service the car with us"

i said it's not my fault, as it was a 2nd hand car the dealership serviced it before handing it over to me

Very bad welcome from a seat dealership...

X__Gandalf__X

Feb 11, 2016
Suggest you go back to the Honda dealership who serviced it. Make the point that it should have been reset as part of the service. If you get no joy, post here and I will ring the place that fixed mine to ask how they did it.

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
I had the same issue as you guys,
where I followed what it said in my 2015 Ibiza owners manual, plus read what it said in the Haynes manual but still had no joy,
in the end I managed to work it out.

Here's a link to a thread I started in December 2019 of the two resetting procedures for the early red LED dash and the later white LED dash, regarding the service inspection light:
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/service-oil-inspection-light-how-to-reset.457961/

Hope this helps others out with the Mk5 Ibiza 2008 to 2017

Si