Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Last edited:

az101

Aug 29, 2011
Burnham-on-sea
Reading your guide here I'm very tempted to give this a go. What was your rough cost for parts in all?

I did sonthing I meant to document last year that you may be interested in. Retrofitted rear footwell lights. Unfortunately I forgot to take any photos and got the looms custom made from one of the members of the audi forums. Only difference is mine is pre FL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lozzy15

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
You've set the benchmark again Lozzy with your write up. Nice job mate. Just out of curiosity do you know what size the ring terminal is for the interior ground points? And is the fuse box pin for the mini fuses the same as the full size fuse pin?

Reactions: Lozzy15

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Reading your guide here I'm very tempted to give this a go. What was your rough cost for parts in all?

I did sonthing I meant to document last year that you may be interested in. Retrofitted rear footwell lights. Unfortunately I forgot to take any photos and got the looms custom made from one of the members of the audi forums. Only difference is mine is pre FL

It's actually going to end up costing me almost nothing due to luck, but it should have cost around £60 as I've fitted pads from some other seats, and can re-sell those seats on for almost the same price I got them for. The HVAC control module cost me £40 but it got refunded fully due to a defect I've ended up managing to fix.

If you buy the pads separately you have 2 choices, you can get OEM pads which are around £60+ each and you'll need 4 of them, or you can get some from Aliexpress for around £80 for all 4, but they won't be genuine pads so they could cause issues, they could also work just fine, it's the risk taken when buying non-genuine items. The best and cheapest way is to get some second hand seats with them already installed for a good price.

You've set the benchmark again Lozzy with your write up. Nice job mate. Just out of curiosity do you know what size the ring terminal is for the interior ground points? And is the fuse box pin for the mini fuses the same as the full size fuse pin?

The ring terminal needs to be 6mm diameter, the mini fuse blades are 2.8mm in width so you'd need a smaller pin.

Mar 10, 2020
Hi Lozzy15;

Your guide for connecting the wiring for heated seats is very interesting.
I have two questions for you;

1) Does the hvac unit work if the used purchase works without being programmed with the clima functions?

2) You did not write which pin is used for the bcm when you connect the wire to pin 1 (power supply) from the fuse box.

Looking forward to your reply, I wish you a good day

David

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi Lozzy15;

1) Does the hvac unit work if the used purchase works without being programmed with the clima functions?

2) You did not write which pin is used for the bcm when you connect the wire to pin 1 (power supply) from the fuse box.

David

Hi David thanks for the reply,
1. A used unit should work fine as the values should already be programmed in. Virgin/New units would need to be programmed however. If you get a used unit from a crashed vehicle, it may have an error from having a crash signal sent to it, but I've explained in the guide how to clear this issue.

2. I think you're referring to the connecting cable, in which case it's at the very beginning of page 2. The terminal to be used is A013 545 76 26.

Hope that helps,
Lozzy

Reactions: Davideddu15
Mar 10, 2020
Hi Lozzy15;
Thanks for the reply.
I refer to the connector that goes from the fuse to pin 1 of the bcm (positive).
I am going to buy the used hvac unit with heated seat option. The wiring I take it ready from kufatec, the heating seats I purchase them original in Seat.
I hope we can adapt everything by having a version fr 2017 restyling.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi Lozzy15;
Thanks for the reply.
I refer to the connector that goes from the fuse to pin 1 of the bcm (positive).
I am going to buy the used hvac unit with heated seat option. The wiring I take it ready from kufatec, the heating seats I purchase them original in Seat.
I hope we can adapt everything by having a version fr 2017 restyling.

Then yes it's the A013 545 76 26 is the one you need.
The used unit should be fine, with the Kufatec wiring just double check the pins are wired correctly. It's rare but people has mentioned that when they have received them that some of the pins were connected incorrectly.

Cheers,
Lozzy

Mar 10, 2020
Thanks for the info.
When I decide to proceed I also want to make the washer level sensor, heated nozzles and blind spots in order to disassemble the bcm only once.

Regards;
David

Mar 10, 2020
Hi mcspook;

No, but I know they can be installed.
A friend I know installed the blind spot system on several Leon.
I don't know where he got the wiring, but if you look on google you will find other people who have done this retrofit.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi mcspook;

No, but I know they can be installed.
A friend I know installed the blind spot system on several Leon.
I don't know where he got the wiring, but if you look on google you will find other people who have done this retrofit.

I suspect what you're referring to is this thread over on the Spanish forums:
https://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=110799&sid=5bd7c3a0f0da628ee6088a8fc7d8277d

Most of the pictures are dead but it still explains installing it.

In regards to doing the other fits, it is a very good idea to do it while you've got the bcm out, trust me I've done it twice, doing it once is fun enough!
Cheers,
Lozzy

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi Lozzy15;

David

I've just remembered something about the values. They aren't stored on the HVAC module, they're on the BCM. So you will have to program them in unless you're swapping out the BCM for a different unit.
Sorry for the mis-information.
Lozzy

Mar 10, 2020
Hi Lozzy;

Thanks for your information.
I'm going to buy a used "hvac" with heated seats option since my original module doesn't have them.
What I wanted to know is if you just have to install the new unit or if I still have to program it being used. I'm only talking about the unit, not the heated seat option. For that you need to enable the function from bmc (which I leave original since I have a fr of 05/2017 restyling)

Nov 28, 2021
Hi Lozzy,

fantastic guide i am currently following it to fit my heated seats, might be a stupid question but what amp fuse do i need once ive wired the 0.5m cable from the bcm to fuse 26?

also the terminal A013 545 76 26 for each end of that wire is coming up as a Mercedes part, is that right? Or is there a vag part number?

thanks
Jack

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi Lozzy,

fantastic guide i am currently following it to fit my heated seats, might be a stupid question but what amp fuse do i need once ive wired the 0.5m cable from the bcm to fuse 26?

also the terminal A013 545 76 26 for each end of that wire is coming up as a Mercedes part, is that right? Or is there a vag part number?

thanks
Jack

Hi Jack,
I used a 20 amp fuse, it's coloured yellow.

For the terminal connector, I have listed a size that should fit with the pins it needs to connect to. As you said it isn't a vag part number as I couldn't find a compatiable one at the time, but the one I have listed is the same as the one I used and it fits as it should.

Hope that helps,
Lozzy

Nov 28, 2021
Hi Jack,
I used a 20 amp fuse, it's coloured yellow.

For the terminal connector, I have listed a size that should fit with the pins it needs to connect to. As you said it isn't a vag part number as I couldn't find a compatiable one at the time, but the one I have listed is the same as the one I used and it fits as it should.

Hope that helps,
Lozzy
That’s brilliant thanks for getting back to me mate, also when coding the HVAC you say about running the process to adapt the flaps, im using OBDeleven and i can see in basic setting “adapt flap end stops” is this the process you’re referring to on vcds? Thanks again

jack

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.