Reverse Bulb

Skilledmilk

Feb 23, 2017
+1 for that bulb from me also. Much brighter than the original candle!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
What leon have you got? Facelift? The facelift has a different reverse bulb than the pre facelift because of the resigned tail lights that's all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rcmacc

Dec 17, 2014
Warrington
defo for upgrading the reversing lamp - too much like a candle - did my 1.2TSI last year, can't remember which ebay seller it was but no probs and it worked fine, but had to buy 2 leds bulbs. Both are spare now I've a facelift Cupra 300, which has led bulbs except the reversing which is some sort of stupid wedge thing! :-(

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
defo for upgrading the reversing lamp - too much like a candle - did my 1.2TSI last year, can't remember which ebay seller it was but no probs and it worked fine, but had to buy 2 leds bulbs. Both are spare now I've a facelift Cupra 300, which has led bulbs except the reversing which is some sort of stupid wedge thing! :-(
There's another thread on here somewhere that confirms the bulb type, can't remember what it is off the top of my head but it's definitely on my to do list

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
Having said all that I just noticed (with the nights drawing in) that the reverse light no longer works!

Bugger.

Old normal bulb also doesn't work and all the wires look fine.
No dash warning lights and Park Pilot comes on when put in reverse.

Need to check the fuse but buggered if I know which one relates to the reverse light.

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Hi all. Now that it's getting super dark again and I seem to be going to work and coming home in the dark can anyone recommend a nice upgrade reverse bulb for my Leon. And if the installation is any different to any normal bulb (vcvds changes or extra wiring) a link would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rcmacc

Dec 17, 2014
Warrington
Any ideas for a facelift Cupra? - LED bulbs all round except reverse which is just as poor as my original mk 3 leon. And annoyingly a different size so I can't even reuse the led bulb I bought over a year ago:(

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Any ideas for a facelift Cupra? - LED bulbs all round except reverse which is just as poor as my original mk 3 leon. And annoyingly a different size so I can't even reuse the led bulb I bought over a year ago:(
I've just had a pair of osram replacement led bulbs for my facelift fr arrive. Here's the eBay item number 352022351313. Bought these on the recommendation of another member on here from another thread a while back. Not fitted yet as only arrived today though.

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
I've just had a pair of osram replacement led bulbs for my facelift fr arrive. Here's the eBay item number 352022351313. Bought these on the recommendation of another member on here from another thread a while back. Not fitted yet as only arrived today though.

Hi can you do a before and after picture of your install to show how much of a brightness change I can expect

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Hi can you do a before and after picture of your install to show how much of a brightness change I can expect

I can yeah. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow if I get time, if not Monday probably.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017

Here are before and after pics. Brightness isn't overly noticeable from inside the car but I was on a lit road. Does look visually brighter from outside but I changed it just so that it was led like the rest.

One note to add is that, like my pre facelift, it does seem to interfere with the dab signal when you select reverse??? Was hoping this wouldn't be the case but apparently it is.

0f24262f2f113bbb4017d86be25c125d.jpg
9aa925ad40783c3e25bfd86ef3848e60.jpg

justbaldchris

Oct 17, 2017
One note to add is that, like my pre facelift, it does seem to interfere with the dab signal when you select reverse??? Was hoping this wouldn't be the case but apparently it is.

Is the DAB signal ok when in forward gears?

Also - any errors?

Last edited:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Quick update. Signal is only affected when initially selecting reverse but as I discovered when I got to work this Morning, it may also be limited to outside my house lol. No problems at work but don't get much opportunity to try out many other circumstances.

Also, no faults at all flag up.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.