Reverse Light not working

Oct 20, 2020
Hello,

My wife has a mk2 Leon, and recently we've come across the issue of the reversing light not working I changed the bulb, the dash warning went off but she told me the light doesn't illuminate (Bulb has continuity) so I investigated further;

Rear wiper works - Not the fuse?
Rear wiper works - Not the boot latch?
No power to the reverse light bub holder, but the tail light has 12v when lights switched on
Removed the reverse switch - Has continuity when pressed
Checked the boot wiring harness/grommet on the passenger side - doesn't appear to have rubbed through

I'm now looking for what feeds the signal/relays and I'm led to believe a unit called J519, I've read a Valeo report relating to the mk2 Leon..

https://www.techtips.ie/Valeo/seat-...t-functioning-due-to-control-unit-failure.pdf

I've been searching for a wiring schematic for the J519 but have struggled so far. to give me an idea of what colour wire to look for ideally to remove the connector and check it's getting the signal from the gearbox switch, and that it isn't a wiring fault in the engine bay.

Any help or pointers would be great, I've read that you can use VCDS to turn the rear lights on which I will try when I finish nights

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
This is for the pre-facelift Leon. Facelift is mostly the same.
1603204893816.png

Reactions: Boyes
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise